Google Search Results

Thursday, May 14, 2009

About Me

I am still trying. I am no, where near, good at this, but hopefully I will improve. I am not really sure what to write about yet. I don't have a lot of excitement in my life, so I'm not sure there's much to tell. I am just a stay at home mother/grandmother. My daughter is grown and married with a little girl, who I adore and my son is just out of school and still living at home, which I don't mind. I like having a little company. My husband drives a truck and is out of town 3-6 days a week. I like that too actually. I like time to myself, so, having a truck driver for a husband is good. I lost the alone time for a while, when my daughter moved back home with her daughter. I love them both, but I really missed the time I had to myself before she move back home. Now she has gotten married and has moved out again. I miss them, but I really love having my alone time back. My son is here, but he is a lot like me, in that he likes being to himself most of the time and when he is around we have similar interest, so it is more than just polite chit chat. We actually have conversations. My daughter and I are close, but we have a different relationship. Our common interests are cooking, gardening and my grand daughter. My son and I discuss cooking and computers or electronics in general. We talk about music some also. We both like working with computers. I am more software and he is more hardware but we both like putting them together and trying new software. We really love Linux, actually Ubuntu mostly. I got into Ubuntu years ago and got my son into it a few years later. I had tried several linux distros before finding Ubuntu, but haven't found one yet that I like better. I still lean on Windows for certain things, like hardware and software that does not yet support Linux, but I prefer to use Ubuntu. I also like fooling with Windows just to keep up to date on what's new and finding free and open source programs for my Windows dependent friends and family, although I am slowly trying to convert a few. Well, I guess this is enough for now. I will be back. I hope if anyone does read this, that they will at least give me an E for effort and maybe check back, once in a while, to see if I have made any improvements. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment