Google Search Results

Sunday, February 27, 2011

French Dressing Recipe With Lower Fat Version

Boy was I feeling good this morning. I got up and played a round of tennis before breakfast.....on the Wii. Hey, it still ought to count for something. I also did some stretches and did a few exercises with my 5lb. weights.

What's in the bowl
Ground flax
Multi grain flakes
Cheerios
Kix
Sliced banana
Chopped pecans


This was good, but I wasn't really into the banana this morning. They were a little more ripe than I prefer. I am more of a slightly green banana person.
After breakfast, I played a few more rounds of tennis in Wii Sports. I also did the fitness test. I was tickle to find that I'm 8 years younger in Wii Sports. How cool is that?

For lunch I had a little of the leftover pasta and spinach with sun dried tomato Alfredo sauce.



Dinner was a small plate salad. I would have preferred a large plate salad, but I prefer wearing the same size jeans I am now, more, which btw are feeling a little snug.
What's on the plate
Butter lettuce
Spinach
Cucumber
Orange bell pepper
Mushroom
Imitation bacon bits
Saltine crackers
Homemade French dressing
Ground flax


This is my favorite recipe for French dressing. Unfortunately it has 3/4 cup of oil in it, which is in no way low fat, so I decided to try making it into a lower fat dressing by decreasing the oil. I had to add a little water to thin it out a little, but it turned out great. I've included the original recipe and directions for the lower fat version.

French Dressing

¾ c. vegetable oil
¼ c. cider vinegar
⅔ c. ketchup
c. sugar
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. paprika

Put all ingredients into a pint jar. Put the lid on the jar and shake until blended. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks.

Lower fat version
Decrease oil to ¼ c. add cup of water. 

 As you can now see. The small plate salad only led to a snack. I tried to at least make it a healthy one. Ants on a log, you know, celery & peanut butter with raisins. I needed the sweetness.
 Even after my healthy snack, I kept craving something else. I gave in to a spearmint lifesaver, not what I wanted. I really wanted something salty. I had water. Some nights just are easy. Now I need to go to bed before I'm forced to watch "The Manster" with Elvira as the channel host. Gotta love local tv. How do you stop the midnight munchies? By going to bed, doesn't count.

No comments:

Post a Comment