Google Search Results

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Cappuccino And Cookies For Breakfast

It was a soupy, nasty, rainy, morning. The phone rang this morning before my dogs barked alarm went off. I think I could have slept the day away. One good thing about rain is that it sure is good for sleeping, as long as you're inside and it's outside, otherwise there might be a problem.


I had to have a few handfuls of cappuccino snack mix to get me going, while I fixed breakfast. Breakfast didn't take long, but I was starving and half asleep. I fixed 2 of the 3 minute oatmeal cookies, one for me and one for Lucas. I doubled the recipe as usual and used 1 whole egg instead of egg white. I used the dried cranberries, the walnuts and the flax, but used small apple chunks in place of the chocolate chips. I ate mine with half an apple. I'm going to try and think up some other versions. I just love how easy it is to change it up and use what you have.




On today's agenda....cleaning the kennel dining room. This involved, sweeping, mopping, and detailed dusting, with allowances for interruptions, this may take 2 days. I attacked DH's computer desk. I should have taken a picture. I did convince him to sort his stacks of paper clutter. I should have gotten a picture of that too, lol. I know nobody I know will believe it. The puppies mostly ignored me, except for Wiggles who doesn't trust the vacuum or the broom. She sits and watches intently and then lays back down after I put them away. The others couldn't care less.

I worked on the dining room until lunch time. then I went swimming again. I had my leftovers from the China Garden. I didn't bother taking it out of the takeout box. It heated nicely in the microwave, although I was a little worried about the styrofoam. The rice soaked up all the oil from the broccoli and carrots in garlic sauce, which was better than it dripping off  each bite of the vegetables. A little salt and some crushed red pepper and I was satisfied.



This still wasn't hot. I must need new flakes.

I also had an extra fortune cookie. 

Here's my fortune for today.


BTW, my readers are the best, especially my subscribers. You guys are so nice to drop in and read my ramblings. (Was that too much?) Thanks, I really do appreciate it!

My before dinner snack, a few pieces of Garden Vegetable Yogurt cheese from Yoder's. I just like this stuff by itself.



Dinner was a sort of family meal. Normally they don't eat what I eat and I don't eat what they eat, but DH wanted spaghetti tonight, not my favorite, but it wasn't hard. They'll eat sauce from a jar as long as I add hamburger, garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. I had a separate sauce with red pepper flakes as well, but without the meat of course. We also made garlic bread or toast, which was the best part. Normally I do salad with, but I was especially sorry this evening. The cappuccino snack mix had officially warn off.




Well that was my day. Now I'm going to get some of the dust off of me before I go to bed. Do you have any ideas for my oatmeal? I love to hear them. Cya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment