Google Search Results

Monday, February 07, 2011

Super, Super Bowl Sunday Recipes

I was wide awake at 7am. I didn't plan to be or even hope to be up this early, but I was. I was laying there thinking about something, but I have no idea what it was now. I got up and stayed up. I got me half an everything bagel, toasted it and spread on some cream cheese. I'm always starving when I get up. I used to drink several cups of coffee and grab a bite at 1 or 2 pm, but since I no longer do the caffeine, I have to have something right away. 



Today was Super Bowl Sunday as you may know. We have always celebrated Super Bowl Sunday at our house. DH loves football enough for the rest of us and we have always watched, mainly for the commercials, but we watch the game too. Lucas is not a big fan of football and Lindsay celebrates in her own home, so this year, it was just Dale and I. I like it when the game is close and you can't be sure who will win. I hate a blow out and usually lose interest entirely.

We went to Mom's today, for dinner. We called it a pre-Super Bowl party, since we were going early, leaving early and watching the game at home. Everyone else sort of had the same plan or at least they were going and leaving early for some reason or another. We had a good visit and there was lots of food. Here's the line up....

Buffalo chicken nuggets. I notice there didn't seem to be that many photos, considering all the food I remember sorting and putting away. There were also regular breaded chicken breast strips, which somehow escaped the camera. I don't remember seeing them or the french fries I saw during cleanup when I was taking pictures, but they were there somewhere.

This is pork and beef in the crockpot.

This is my taco bean soup. I'll be posting the recipe below. It is very easy.
Taco Bean Soup
  • 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
  • 1 (16 ounce) can white beans
  • 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
  • 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans
  • 1 (11 ounce) can niblet corn
  • 1 (11 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
  • 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (optional)
  • 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
  • 1 (1 ounce) envelope hidden valley ranch dressing mix
Put all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.

Notes: I added about a half can of tomato paste and about a cup of water to cut down on the saltiness. You may try low sodium variety beans, corn, etc. as another alternative. I also drained and rinsed the black beans and left out the optional green chilies since I wasn't sure how much heat everyone else might like.

I brought garden pasta salad with creamy dill dressing, which I am also posting the recipe for. I may eventually do a more detailed post of the recipes, but for now, my goal is to build up my list of recipes. I didn't used all the vegetables in the recipe in this version. I just used cucumber peeled and seeded, onion and thinly slice carrots. No leftovers in this bowl.

GARDEN PASTA SALAD WITH CREAMY DILL DRESSING
Recipe #35584 | 40 min | 15 min prep
    By: Sue Lau Jul 29, 2002
Allow time for this delicious salad to marinate in the refrigerator before serving.
    SERVES 10

INGREDIENTS

FOR THE SALAD
    • 3 cups bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
    • 2 medium carrots, grated
    • 1 cup broccoli floret
    • ½ cup celery, thinly sliced
    • ½ cup diced red bell pepper
    • ½ cup diced green bell pepper
    • ½ cup cucumber, peeled,seeded,and diced
    • ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
    • 3 green onions, sliced thin

FOR THE DRESSING
    • 2/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
    • ¼ cup mayonnaise
    • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
    • 2 teaspoons dill weed
    • ¼ teaspoon garlic powder

Directions
  1. Mix together salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
  2. Mix together dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
  3. Pour dressing over salad, tossing to coat evenly.
  4. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.

Note:You can use sour cream in place of plain yogurt if that's what you have. I used the light versions of both sour cream and mayo.
Baked macaroni and cheese.

Salad and grape tomatoes


Stewed or just boiled potatoes 

This is what I had. The soup turned out a little thicker because we couldn't remember if I drained everything or not the first time I made it. I knew I drained and rinse the black beans.

There was also strawberry dump cake for dessert. I was so full after eating all this, except  for a couple of bites. I didn't even want to think about dessert, in fact, I totally forgot to get a picture of it.

I did get a picture of the girls. One of Lexi modeling her makeup which she plays with almost every Sunday. This week she was going for the Groucho look and one of Mary making a face which she recently discover how to do.



Mom got a rare photo of me with Mary sitting on my lap.

Once we got home we got ready to watch the Super Bowl. It took a while before we were ready for snacks. We had Tostito Baked Scoops, salsa and salsa con queso dip. I had a bowl of the strawberry dump cake first. This turned out to be the third meal of the day. 



The game turned out to be a good one. Lots of excitement, not sure until the end who would win. The commercials were pretty good and I saw lots of up coming movies, I hope to review eventually. Did you watch the game? Were you in it for the football or the commercials? I hope you enjoyed game day as much as we did . I won't be answering the phone early tomorrow. Hopefully I will be sleeping in. I spent too much time watching tv and stayed up way too late. Cya tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment