Google Search Results

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Photos, Food, & Fun

No sleep last night. Phone rings, it's an invitation. Mom and my two Aunts, Lynda & Patricia were going shopping. I had to pass last time, so I decided to go for it. I don't get to go very often. I had to unscramble my brain, let the dogs out, grab a shower, a quick breakfast and do as much as I could to the house before I left.


As you can see, breakfast was a quick fix. Vanilla yogurt (I'm likin' the Food Lion brand) not Greek but, like Chobani, less sweet than normal vanilla yogurt. I topped my yogurt with the last of my strawberries, chopped walnuts, Kix, Special K, and Cheerios. The best way to eat cereal. Love the crunch.

First we went to Hobby Lobby to look at craft stuff, etc. I would love to decorate my house with things from Hobby Lobby. I'd love to win a shopping spree for that store. Next we went to Walmart. Mom got a new light bulb for her range hood so Sunday pics will be better, if not, I guess I'll be takin' the blame.

We had lunch at one of my favorite places....Ruby Tuesday. I just love their salad bar.

We got there after the lunch crowd so the bar wasn't lookin' it's freshest, but it was just as good.

Lots of salad toppings to choose from. I didn't even get pictures of everything. 






A variety of salad dressings.

There was dark brown croutons and sunflower seeds, everyone loved them so the bowls were lookin' skimpy. 

My plate piled high with everything but the kitchen sink.

Butter lettuce, spinach, broccoli, red onion, green bell, sundried tomatoes, peas, cucumber, mozzarella, parmesan, sunflower seeds, dark brown croutons (my favorite, gotta make some), and balsamic vinaigrette. Did I miss anything?..... probably.

They also brought some cheddar biscuits by request, which I didn't eat, but I wasn't impressed with the looks of them. They were very small and really greasy looking. Those who ate them didn't rave about them either, so I assume they weren't all that great. (Update)Lucas ate the leftover biscuit - Thumbs Down - He said it was sweet and he didn't care for it.
To the Mall....JCPenney, Mom and Lynda armed with their $10 coupons. They have great sales. Afterward we went to Starbucks to get our coffee fix. This isn't a shot of the one we went to, but you get the idea, right?


I got a Decaf, Peppermint Mocha Latte. Again not the actual one from today, but.....


I also had a little scare. I thought I'd lost my camera, but luckily it had fallen out of my hand while I was putting leftovers in the back of the car, found it later.

When I got home I was sort of light headed and felt kind of yucky. I think my sugar was low or something. I got a couple of triscuits and this piece of pumpkin cake/loaf/whatever that Lynda gave me. The cake was good and so were the triscuits. Shortly afterwards, I felt better, so I am assuming it was a sugar thing.



I fixed myself a sort of taco salad once I got to feeling better. I added some red and yellow bell pepper to a little leftover side salad that Mom sent home with me, along with a crumbled veggie burger, Mexican blend cheese, taco seasoning, light sour cream and salsa. This hit the spot, all it needed was some tortilla chips, but I'd had plenty of pre-dinner carbs, so I skipped the chips.


Got no sleep, had lots of fun, got lots of photos, had great food, should've got a tshirt. Night Y'all

Where's your favorite place to eat and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment