Google Search Results

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Unexpected Company And Fast Food

Awakened this morning to the sound of thunder and a whiny dog. Sandy, hate thunder, guns or anything that makes a similar noise. Luckily it didn't last too long. I went back to sleep, then the phone rang, I didn't answer. Finally a squealing little dog needed to pee, so I got out of bed unwillingly and let the dogs out. I really have got to get my schedule straightened out. I can't keep staying up late and getting up early. I stayed up after letting the dogs out. I decided to have an everything bagel for breakfast, toasted and spread with cream cheese.



DD, Lindsay called to ask if I would watch the grand babies. This called for a "crisis cleaning" and a "stash and dash" (see Flylady) rolled into one. My house is not baby proof, so it was a rush to take a look around and find anything not child friendly and get it put away. I also like to get as much cleaning done as possible since I wanted to give them my undivided attention. I normally like to be more prepared with snacks, planned activities etc. Luckily my Aunt Patricia had brought lots of kiddie videos that my cousin's children kindly donated for Lexi and Mary, of course Lexi is not one to sit in front of a tv all day, but she does watch while she's on the move. Videos for Lexi more or less fill in the gaps. She is very active. It's all I can do to keep up.

After a quick cleaning and pick up. I had a quick lunch. Leftover spaghetti and garlic bread. I wasn't sure exactly when they would get here, so I just grabbed something quick and easy.




I also had a fig bar after eating the spaghetti, but I actually didn't really want it, I just ate it because it was laying on the table when I was clearing it off. It wasn't really what I was in the mood for.


I think next time I might put together a sort of picnic lunch for Lexi and I. Lexi loves the whole tea party thing. She and I are planning a big girl day for just the two of us, so that she can have my undivided attention. Mary is little and require a lot of attention which makes it hard for me to spend a lot of time with Lexi. I think Lexi misses our one on one time. She and Lindsay lived with me for a while after she was born. It will hopefully get easier as Mary gets older.

I have a hard time getting pictures of those two. Mary is a little easier because she's not quite as mobile. When Lexi isn't moving around she's usually quite close to me, which makes it difficult to get a good shot in, in either situation. I did manage to get a decent shot of  Lexi and Mary was very social today. She was babbling up a storm, practicing all the sounds important for forming words, laughing and making the cutest little faces. Both girls are very good, but you do need a lot of energy to keep up with them.


Check out those chiclets (teeth)!

I had a rather late dinner, if that's what you want to call it. After Lindsay and Reese took the girls home, I wanted to grab another quick bite because I was hoping to get finished up early this evening, so I could get to bed earlier, maybe get up earlier and feel better tomorrow. I chose poorly and had a bowl of cereal, a mixture of Kix, Cheerios, and Special K with a dribble of light pancake syrup and a splash of 2% milk. It tasted pretty good, it was a combo I hadn't tried before, but I think I would have rather had something else, as I've said previously, I've been craving more savory food and snacks lately.


The lighting and the yellow bowl made getting shots of the cereal difficult, so I settled for just one. The closer I got to the cereal the more yellow the photos came out. My camera is a Fuji Film FinePix Z 10 mega pixel point and shoot. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about yellow pictures in pour lighting, but if you have a suggestion, I'm willing to try. I suppose I could use the flash, but I really hate using it.

Well, that's it for this one. I'll be back tomorrow with another one. Here's another babysitting post in case you're interested. It's a one on one with Lexi. We had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment