Google Search Results

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Cranberry Pecan Baked Oatmeal


I was ahead of the game this morning. I stirred up a batch of baked oatmeal before going to bed last night. This version I'm calling Cranberry Pecan.

Cranberry Pecan Baked Oatmeal

Original Baked Oatmeal Ingredients +
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup chopped pecans
2 tsp. ground flax

Peanut Butter to spread on top of my oatmeal, like icing. I love peanut butter most when opening a new jar. I love the way it looks, smooth, creamy and sort of shiny. I don't know why, but I wish it looked like that every time I opened the jar.



Lunch was just a salad. I had a Caesar salad kit. I added mushrooms, carrot, red bell pepper and onion. The croutons were hard. I liked my croutons better. It came with a little packet of Parmesan cheese and Caesar dressing. I have missed Caesar dressing. I haven't had it in a while. It was a very good.



After my salad I had a Quaker Breakfast Cookie. Pretty good, but I don't think I'd want one for breakfast. #1 They are sweeter than I prefer. #2 There's not enough there. I would have to have something else with it. Lucas will be taking these with him to snack on before or after classes. He loved them, had one with a glass of milk. They are 180 calories for 1, and have 5g of fiber, 6g fat, and 14g sugar, in case you're interested.

I had dinner with Amy....Amy's Enchilada with Spanish Rice and Beans. As you may or may not know, I love Amy's dinners or at least all that I've tried. You can check out the ones I've tried by clicking on the Amy's label at the bottom of the post. You can also click on other labels, such as baked oatmeal, to see all the posts with the same label. 



I been looking at recipes today. I was trying to find a savory breakfast oatmeal recipe. It's been very hard to do. Everyone associates oatmeal with sweet ingredients and those who don't only use it in meatloaf as a filler. I know there has to be a recipe out there, but I'm not even sure what I want in it. I did find some good recipes, just not the kind I was looking for. If you know of a savory oatmeal recipe, I'd love to hear about it.
I'm done. Finished way early, go me! Cya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment