Google Search Results

Friday, February 04, 2011

Leftover Transformation After A Swim

 I got up this morning again with the help of my alarm clock. I didn't hesitate (long) this morning. I had things to do. I needed to get some breakfast and see if my photo problem had gotten straightened out. I'd figured out what I was having for breakfast this morning, yesterday. Instead of a bagel with strawberry cream cheese, which was too sweet, I'd thought about a bagel with plain cream cheese and fresh strawberries, but I didn't have any fresh strawberries. I also thought about plain cream cheese and low sugar strawberry preserves, which I have, so I toasted me a trail mix bagel and spread it with the cream cheese and preserves, unfortunately, it was still too sweet, so I shook the preserves off onto the plate. It was better. I should have went with dried fruit.



I also had a powerade this morning. I needed to re-hydrate a little. I have a terrible habit of not drinking enough when I get busy with anything.


After breakfast and finding out I'd be able to use my pictures, I had to get ready to go pick up my Aunt Patricia and go to Mom's. It was nice having something to do other than clean and do laundry, which I'll be doing tomorrow since I avoided it today. I wish it had been warm and sunny. We had a good time anyway. Before coming home we grabbed lunch at the China Garden restaurant. I had one of the lunch specials, broccoli in garlic sauce which came with white or pork fried rice and a pork egg roll. Well, you know, I'm not eating pork, so I got the white rice and they were nice enough to sub a spring roll for the egg roll. The broccoli wasn't spicy though, it was suppose to be and it was very oily (see photo). I'm mean swimming in it. I really think we should should choose a different place next time. The spring roll was unusual in that it tasted sort of like cinnamon, it wasn't sweet, and as strange as it may sound, I liked it. I also ate my fortune cookie. I always eat my cookie, but I forgot what my fortune said, dad-gum it.

Lucas was worried about the estrogen ocean, but it was the oil we feared would drown us.


Back at home, the puppies greeted us with a chorus of barking. They also assume when someone comes in the front door, they must go out the back, mostly because we herd them out whenever someone comes to the door, so that we can hear what anyone is saying or because we've been gone a while and they may need to go. Either way, we come in, they go out.

Once everything was settled I got to work on my earlier post, which took a little longer than expected, but once I got finished, I rewarded myself with a few peanut butter pretzels. We're getting down to the bottom of the second jar.


Dinner was another leftover transformation. The potatoes that started out as ordinary baked potatoes, then redone with peppers and onion, were now combined with tomato sauce and cheese and placed on a bed of fresh spinach leaves. It was good and it was different, not at all like leftovers.




Too full for much of anything else, I had 2 pieces of Dove milk chocolate, which Lucas shared with me, for dessert. I don't often eat milk chocolate, but if I'm going to I would prefer that is be Dove. I do love their truffles, also.
A lovely way to end the day. Chocolate!   Do you know what the estrogen ocean is? Now I'm so thirsty, I'm off to get me a drink of water. Cya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment