Google Search Results

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Trying To Eat Right And Get Motivated


It's a Chobani morning. I really love this stuff. I'd almost forgotten how thick it is. 

 This morning I had the peach one of my favorite Chobani flavors.
What's in the bowl
Chobani peach
Ground flax
Multi grain flakes 
Cheerios
Kix
Nectarine diced
Blueberries
Walnuts chopped
 Super yummy and very filling.


I went with Lindsay today as a ride along while she ran some short errands, so that she didn't have to get both kids in and out of the car. The kids did pretty good and we were back before too long. I completely forgot my camera and my phone. Lexi and I had a snack, I'd brought along. I brought water to drink, some Chex type snack mix, peanut butter crackers, a banana, and an apple. I ate some of the snack mix and Lexi ate half the banana, half the apple, some snack mix and a few peanut butter crackers. On the way home we came across some sheep in the road. We made sure someone knew they were out and we were on our way. Lexi was ready for a nap and Mary was ready to eat, so they dropped me off and went home. 

When I got home I had one of the crab cakes and the slaw from Sunday with some black beans from my kicked up canned soup. It looks like a lot, but it's on a small plate. It tricks the eye, huh?


I decided to go for a small lunch since I had a snack and still had a piece of pie to eat. This was good, but the coconut was the best.


I also went slightly smaller than usual on my salad for dinner. I put it in a bowl to limit the amount. What tricks do you use for portion control?
What's in the bowl
Romaine
Spinach
Cucumber
Grape tomatoes
Onion
Yellow Bell Pepper
Mushroom
Broccoli
Carrot
Mozzarella
Croutons
Ground flax
Light Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette


It was cooler today and I'm afraid the last sunny day until Saturday. I kind of wish it wasn't, but we really could use the rain. Hopefully I can squeeze in some more yard work, while I'm in the mood. I've also been doing some stretches, a little yoga and working with my 5lb. weights, being careful not to over do since my back was bothering me some. Apparently it was just stress. I would think pain from a pulled muscle would last longer. I'm just glad it's better. I'm feeling like a have a little more energy, but I'm still not feeling motivated. I'm hoping that the more I do, the better I will feel. How do you stay motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment