Google Search Results

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Quick Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce

A blueberry breakfast. Nothing like fresh blueberries, especially paired with Chobani Greek yogurt.


What's in the bowl
Ground flax
Cheerios
Multi grain flakes
Kix
Fresh blueberries
Sliced almonds

Late doing my stretches and exercises today, but I did squeeze them in before lunch. I could tell yesterday evening that I haven't done stretches in a while. There were a few spots I was feeling it, not bad though. It was sunny and windy today, but I never made it outside. I stayed in and worked on the house. I just wasn't feeling quite so energized and because it was so windy, I decide to push myself to do things inside instead.

For lunch I had a huge salad. No tiny plate.
What's on the plate 
Romaine
Spinach
Carrot
Mushroom
Grape tomato
Red & yellow bell pepper
Cucumber
Breaded popcorn shrimp
Chipotle mayo dressing  (btw I've updated this recipe to make extra and toned down the spicy a little)
Ground flax
Black pepper




This evening I was working on using up my spinach before it gets squishy, so I made sun dried tomato Alfredo pasta with spinach. I didn't make the Alfredo sauce. It came from a jar, but I did make it sun dried tomato Alfredo. Yes, you can buy sun dried tomato Alfredo sauce, but this way you can buy your favorite brand of Alfredo sauce or a cheaper brand if you happen to have SD tomatoes and make it into a SD tomato Alfredo.

This turned out really good and I had a small salad to go with it.

Quick Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce
1 jar of Alfredo sauce
1/3 cup course chopped sun dried tomatoes
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/8 tsp.  each
    basil
    garlic powder
a few grinds of black pepper

Combine all ingredients in small sauce pan and simmer while your pasta cooks. For the pasta and spinach, I just added the shredded spinach to the hot pasta after draining and put the hot sauce over the pasta, spinach mixture. You could cook it in the pan a little, but the heat from the sauce and noodles was enough for me.

The Salad
Romaine
Spinach
Grape tomato
Cucumber
Sun dried tomato vinaigrette
Ground flax

It's really hard to keep from doing some late night snacking every night, when I have to post all these photos of food and sometimes view some of my other pages to get links. I did have a little dessert this evening after having dinner. I did so a little portion control though and it was a sort of healthy dessert; sort of. I had a peach nonfat frozen yogurt cone. I really could have eaten two, it was so good, but I didn't. Go me! What's your favorite healthy dessert?


If you are dieting and it's late when you are reading this (btw thanks for reading this), I apologize for leaving you with this photo. It certainly makes me want another one. If for some strange reason, you enjoy my blog, feel free to pass it on. You can email the link to a friend or submit it to StumbleUpon. I love StumbleUpon. If you'd like you can follow me on StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment