Google Search Results

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Kraft Creamy Poppyseed Dressing Review

Since I didn't get Sunday's post up last night and I didn't have a chance to work on it today, I'm just now getting to it. Yesterday's breakfast was half a pumpernickel bagel with cream cheese and a big cup of mostly decaf. Sleep was not great, but more than I've had lately, so I was feeling fairly refreshed.

We had dinner at Mom's. I manage to miss a few photos as usual. This time it was the barbecued chicken and the crab cakes. I did get a photo of the baked chicken.
There was also beef brisket.

Broccoli Casserole

Mashed Potatoes

Corn on the Cob

A mini salad bar, lol, with Romaine, Onion, Mandarin oranges, strawberries, mini sweet pepper slices, cucumber, radishes, sunflower seeds, chopped pecans, and Kraft Creamy Poppyseed Dressing. It wasn't all meant to go together and I'm pretty sure there were some other dressings involved. The poppyseed dressing was actually suppose to go with the fruit, nuts, and Romaine. It was inspired by a recipe I saw online, but not exactly the same. I hope to actually try the recipe eventually.

The Kraft Creamy Poppyseed dressing was pretty good. It has sour cream in it, but reminds me more of mayo. It also has a hint of mustard. It is a sort of sweet dressing. I really didn't notice the flavor of the poppyseeds so much. It was not bad with the fruit. I would be interested in making the dressing from the recipe to compare, but I would eat this again. I'm going to give it 4 stars.

We also had rolls, which I totally forgot and didn't get the any of them. I brought a few home, but they quickly disappeared before I could get one.

Here on my plate there was the salad without the dressing, because I almost forgot about it until I sat down to eat. I used the Romaine, onions, strawberries, oranges, peppers, and pecans in mine. I also had a huge corn on the cob, a couple of the crab cakes, which I didn't get a picture of before hand, and some of the broccoli casserole.

Lynda made a delicious peanut butter cake, which reminded me of the cake my Grandma brought home from the school where she worked, when I was little. I had looked for a recipe many times to duplicate it, but had never tried to make it. It may not have been the same exactly, but it was close enough to bring back good memories.

I had my slice with a big cup of decaf coffee. This was really good.

I Pinned the recipe on Pinterest.


We sat after we ate and watched (the 4th) Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol, starring Tom Cruise. It is definitely action packed, so we really had to keep an eye on the screen, no cruising the internet while watching this one. I really liked it, probably as well as the others I've seen. It's been a while, but I do remember that I liked them a lot. The movie is also getting 4 stars.

I won't be staying up late enough to get today's photos posted, but I will try to get them out tomorrow, earlier, so that I can post tomorrow's as well. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment