Google Search Results

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Light Life Gimme Lean Sausage Review

Has is really been 4 days since I last posted, maybe just 3, oh well... Did ya miss me? You don't really have to answer that, spare my feelings.... Anyway, I'm posting a collage photo of my Mother's Day food, simply because I have the photos and I'd intended on posting them. In case you're wondering, the cake was dinner.

I've been trying to catch up on sleep and/or maybe figure out a way of doing everything and still getting sleep, but I've been failing miserably. I am a bit more rested, but I've had to skip several posts and I still get no sleep on the days I blog. 

This morning, I had the girls early, I got to bed earlier than I do when I blog, but I still didn't sleep well, so I wasn't feeling very well rested. I did get up and mopped my dining room, kitchen, and living room before they arrived. I did all that before coffee or breakfast. I had 2 large cups of coffee and a (french toast?) bagel with cream cheese. I was back and forth between, Lexi, Mary, the kitchen, and the tv remote, so I barely got a shot of my bagel and not one of my coffee. The bagel was slightly burnt and the coffee hot, barely warm, and finally cold as I drank it. The coffee was also only a third caffeine.

(Oh my, too many pictures, I'm running out of steam. Oh and dadgummit, I forgot to put the garbage out by the curb.  - ADD at it's finest) 

Midday I had Chex Mix, well almost, it was actually Clancy's Party Mix.

The bold flavor they use to have was better (saltier), but they didn't have it this time. I usually only eat chips, etc. when I'm craving something salty. I like it pretty salty then, but unlike their other snacks, chips and such, these aren't too salty.

I had leftovers for lunch; brown rice, broccoli slaw mix and Makoto Ginger dressing. I could drink this dressing. We marinated the slaw mix in it, but I added more to the top. It looks sort of yucky, but it is really, really good.

I also had the last chocolate peanut butter pudding cup.

I got quite a bit of cleaning done for having not slept well and keeping two small children for part of the day. After the girls went home and I'd eaten, we loaded up a bunch of stuff to take to the Salvation Army. I cleared out some in my bedroom and hall closets, but not nearly as much as I'd like to.

I picked up a few things for dinner while we were out, but decided to go with something totally different from what I'd planned. Lucas & DH were having fake steak (burger, eggs, crackers, onion, etc.). They also decided to make biscuits, so I decided to try Light Lifes Gimme Lean veggie sausage.

I was not sure about this stuff. To begin with it's not very appealing to look at. It's also very sticky and has a mushy texture straight out of the tube. Yuck, right? ....but wait

Once you slice it and put it in a skillet with a little oil, it firms and browns up quite nicely. It sort of looks like regular sausage, right? It's sort of springy, it bounces a little. It's a little crispy on the edges which is my favorite part.

I tried the end piece straight out of the pan before putting two slices on a plate with a biscuit and a scrambled egg. (Notice anything different? Ok, I'll get to that in a minute.)

It was not bad, it wasn't exactly like the MorningStar Farms sausage, but it was still pretty good. I actually like the texture better. The MSF sausage is sort of like real sausage with the sort of gristle-y pieces, but the Gimme Lean is more uniform. It has a texture sort of like Gardein's Chicken Scallopini. I'm not sure what else to compare it to. It has a sausage flavor, but it's a different sausage flavor than MSF veggie sausage. I'm not sure, but I think you're also getting more for the money. DH tried a bite, but wasn't impressed. He does eat the MSF crumbles in my chili, but otherwise he's strictly a meat eater. I'd give these 4 stars, but I will say that meat eaters may not feel the same. I think with a biscuit and egg, it was pretty good, although in my opinion, the MSF sausage has a better flavor.

I also had a little Ann's House Calcium Fortified Cranberry Snack Mix  after dinner.

Now have you figured out what the difference was. Well, it's the placemat of course. I picked up a new set at the Salvation Army. Not bad at 45 cent a piece. They have a large pattern on one side and a smaller pattern on the other side, in the same colors. They look to be homemade, but I'm not sure. I like the color and they are a nice change from the the others I have. 

Now it's very late and luckily I don't have to be up very early, but I still won't get more than 7 hours sleep, probably not that much. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment