Google Search Results

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Healthy Choice Golden Crusted White Fish Review

Since it's been a few days since my last post, I am posting a few photo highlights from the last couple of days, as well as a review for the Healthy Choice frozen dinner I had last night.

 I will start off with the DiGiorno four cheese pizza dipping strips I had for dinner on Monday. They come with 1 garlic & 1 marinara dipping sauce. I thought they would be like cheese sticks that you get from the pizza restaurants, but they were more like cheese pizza cut into strips. I didn't really see the need for the marinara sauce, since there was sauce already under the cheese. I also think there wasn't enough garlic dipping sauce. I added a little butter & garlic to what was left of the garlic sauce, to make enough to go with the leftover pizza I had for lunch the next day. The garlic sauce was not very garlic-y to begin with either. The strips and marinara however, were very good. I had 3 strips for dinner along with an iceberg & spinach salad with onion, green pepper, and Italian dressing.

My dinner on Tuesday was a MSF riblet with macaroni & cheese and some frozen green beans cooked with onion, garlic, and soy sauce. I added a tiny sprinkle of shredded cheese to the top of my macaroni which was just the plain boxed version. I prefer homemade mac & cheese, but this was quick and easy and DH, for some unknown reason, actually prefers the box type.

Just to throw in a little sweetness, Mom & Lynda treated us to DQ Blizzards yesterday. I had a German Chocolate one that was loaded with pecans. It was sort of melted, but still very good. Thanks again for the ice cream!

Now for my review of the Healthy Choice Golden Crusted White Fish. I think the concept for this dinner was not bad, however I wasn't very impressed with the product.

First of all, there was absolutely no obvious seasoning on the green beans, the brown rice came with lots of scallions for flavor and what was suppose to be a cheesy Chardonnay sauce. The sauce was not bad, but cheese did not come to mind when I tasted it. It reminded me of a milk gravy which didn't really go with the tartar sauce I'd made for the fish. It did help in making the rice which was sort of dry & onion-y, edible.

The fish had a crust that was made with what resembles bird seed. I suppose it's millet or something similar, chia or flax seeds, and sunflower. I'm not sure what else. I do like seeds, but I wasn't very impressed with their breading. I have to say the best part of this dinner was the sauce/gravy and it wasn't at all what I had expected. It was edible, but I didn't like it and I probably wouldn't buy it again. This dinner unfortunately get a thumbs down and only 2 stars from me.

That's it for today's post. I hope to start adding some new recipes soon. You can check out what I have so far on my recipe page and stay updated on new recipes by subscribing or following me on Twitter. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment