Google Search Results

Friday, May 11, 2012

Veggie Cuisine Indian Style Masala Review

I didn't get a lot accomplished today, but I do feel more rested this evening. I still felt sort of tired when I got up, but not that bad. I really just felt sort of lazy, like my get up and go, got up and went, not like I needed to go back to bed. I went straight for the cereal bowl instead of the coffee maker. I had a bowl of cinnamon roll mini wheats, which I nearly forgot I had. 


I did not skip coffee, but I did take my time making it. I did make half caf. intending to get a few things done, but I just vegged out today, doing as little as possible. Hopefully I'll get some things done tomorrow.


I had a oven roasted tofurky sandwich for lunch with spinach, white American cheese, spicy ranch dip, and a jalapeno pickle on the side. I also thought about having green pepper and onion on my sandwich, but I just skipped that part. It would have probably been better that way, but lazy won out.

I did toast my bread lightly, but I couldn't let it brown. Store bought bread has gotten so thin, that if you let it brown, it turns into a cracker. Is it just me or have you noticed this too?

I made dessert for later and just had an orange for snack. DH picked up a bag at the grocery store for me, said they were navel oranges, but they weren't. These have seeds and no navel, but they were sweet & juicy.

I had a LC Veggie Cuisine frozen dinner. I tried their Indian Style Masala with Gardein Chick'n Strips in a creamy tomato curry sauce.

I've never had curry sauce or anything that I knew had curry in it, but I didn't taste anything I hadn't tasted before. It does have cauliflower in it, which, I don't care for, but only 4 small pieces. There was also peas & carrots with brown rice. The sauce really just tasted like tomato sauce to me. It was pretty good. I chopped the cauliflower up and mixed it in, hoping it wouldn't be noticeable since it doesn't have a lot of flavor on it's own, but the texture was noticeable. It was a little al dente, which is how I like most vegetables, but not the ones I'm trying to hide. This is how it looked straight out of the microwave. I'm barely giving this 4 stars, because of the whole cauliflower thing, other wise it would get an easy 4 stars.

For dessert I made Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cups. I love these. They are quick and easy to make, not to mention delicious. It is hard to eat just one, but I did it.

I'm going to work on getting better sleep and try snacking less, eating healthier than I have been lately. I've been doing a lot of late night off camera raisin munching. I know raisins are not bad, it's the late night eating that is. It's more like continuous grazing. It may mean fewer posts, until I can find a routine that works. Now I'm off to bed. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment