Google Search Results

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Broccoli In Garlic Sauce Recipe

I decided to make this recipe because I love the Spicy Broccoli in Garlic Sauce that you get from the Chinese fast food places. I adapted it from a recipe I found online, tweaking it to make it my own. I had to use all-purpose flour in my recipe, because I was out of cornstarch, but I suppose either is fine.


Ingredients
2-3 heads of broccoli (florets?)
1 onion sliced
1 carrot sliced
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. + 1/8 tsp garlic powder ( I would do 3/4 tsp if you really like garlic)
1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
1/4 cayenne pepper 
1 1/4 C. Water
1/4 C. Soy Sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2-3 C. prepared brown or white rice

Directions
I combined the water, sesame oil, soy sauce and flour in a pint jar, by putting a lid on and shaking vigorously.
I stir fried the veggies in the vegetable oil with the garlic powder, cayenne, and ginger for a few minutes before adding the other ingredients, but next time I would probably prepare the sauce in a small sauce pan with the cayenne, garlic, & ginger and then pour it over the stir fried veggies. My veggies were a little over cooked for my taste due to the extra cooking time for the sauce to thicken. 

Serving Suggestion
I served mine over brown rice. It was delicious. It may not have been identical to the fast food version, but I actually liked it better and it wasn't swimming in grease. If you aren't into spicy foods, I would add the cayenne slowly to taste or leave it out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment