Google Search Results

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Tuna Steaks For Dinner

I got to bed about the same time as usual after doing my yoga stretches, weight exercises, etc. I slept really well last night, only waking briefly once. I was surprised. I assumed, after drinking three 32oz. bottles of water yesterday, I would be up all night running to the bathroom; I didn't. I did that enough before going to bed I guess.
I'm still working on the vanilla yogurt this morning.
What's in the bowl
Vanilla yogurt
Ground Flax
Multi Grain Flakes
Cheerios
Kix
Fresh Sliced Strawberries
Chopped Walnuts

 For lunch today, I finished off the last of the leftover macaroni salad. I had some fresh broccoli on the side with a nice big carrot, cut into bite size chunks. I love the crunch of fresh veggies with my food.



I worked on my Hoosier cabinet a little today. Today's step in the project was to remove the paint from the drawer pulls (knobs) to see what was under the paint. I wasn't expecting them to be green, just a slightly different color from the paint that was on them, sort of a Jadite green. What do you think? It looks as though the color of the cabinet is pretty much chosen, unless I replace the knobs. I also found a tip on line as to how to get the paint off the hinges. Apparently if you simmer them in a pot of water with baking soda added for about 30 minutes, the paint comes off easily. I will give it a try once I get an old pot to put them in. This will probably be a slow process, but hopefully not too slow. 



I had to go out in the pouring down rain today, to pick up a few things at the store, mostly cleaning stuff. I didn't need much for groceries. My freezer is bulging. I brought home a few bagels, but can't fit them in the freezer. I really need to be eating out of the freezer more often, especially since I keep putting stuff in it. Leftovers have spoiled me. I love food, but I am such a lazy cook lately.

I had planned to have a MSF Griller's Chik'n patty for dinner, but DH was in the mood for tuna steaks, so I went with the tuna. We hardly ever buy it. I only ate half. They are very filling. I had the last of the sweet potatoes from Sunday and a salad sprinkled with Worcestershire sauce. I also sprinkled a little on the tuna. They say you are suppose to eat tuna steaks sort of rare, but I'm not. When fully cooked they tend to get a little dry. I prefer them cooked on the grill. They always seem more moist that way.

I wasn't sure how the sweet potatoes would be with everything else, but it was actually pretty good. There was a lot of contrast in the flavors, which kept me traveling around the plate, taking a bite of each thing with something else. 

BTW, the tuna was just seasoned with a little sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
The salad was made up of baby spinach, Dole's seven lettuce blend, red onion, carrot, and green bell pepper. (Just realized, I totally forgot the flax) 
Well, I thought I'd gotten an early start this evening, but the dinner menu changed which caused a delay, then Idol was on and we always watch Idol. I did work while watching, but I tend to get distracted easily. I managed to get done about the usual time though. I just wrap it up for now and I'll cya tomorrow. Happy Thursday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment