Google Search Results

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Healthy Smoothie Breakfast

This morning I could have slept a little longer and I probably should have......


I made 2 smoothies for breakfast. I didn't drink, but one. The first smoothie, I put together and blended up, it was looking so yummy and then I tasted it. It tasted yummy too, then I took the blender pitcher off of the blender to pour it into my glass and...........the bottom came off of the blender pitcher and smoothie went everywhere, all over the blender, all over the counter, all over the floor, everywhere and if you've never cleaned up smoothie or a blender covered in smoothie, let me just tell you, it is no fun and it's not a quick clean up.

The second smoothie, didn't look quite as good as the first. I had thrown the last of my fresh strawberries into the first one. They gave it a slightly pinker appearance. The second one (pictured), was sort of brown, but it did taste very good, just not as much strawberry flavor. The smoothie I made yesterday was prettier and didn't have the spinach, but this one was just as tasty as the first, just a little healthier. I used Dole's Ready Cut Frozen Fruit, but I think, I'll try regular frozen and fresh fruit next time, just because it's cheaper.

What's in the glass
1 Cup of Diced Peahes, Strawberries and Banana
A Few Spoonfuls of FL Vanilla Yogurt 1%
About 2/3 Cup of Milk 2%
A Few Spinach Leaves
A tsp of Ground Flax
A Handful of Multi Grain Flakes

  Ya, can't tell the spinach is in it, except for a few green flecks. I wasn't sure about it or the cereal at first, but it was no problem. It's like a thick and fruity milkshake minus the ice cream headache from drinking too fast.
I did enough house cleaning today to account for my exercise or at least I hope it did. I felt like I got quite a bit accomplished. It was mostly laundry and organizing, but crossing all my puppy gates, I felt like I was jumping hurdles all day.

Lunch was leftovers from O'Charley's. The Teriyaki Sesame Tilapia and Rice were just as good today as yesterday. It was like getting to eat out twice.  


For dinner, I had a Morning Star Farms, Chick'n Griller on a bun with lettuce, pickles, onion and mayo. I also had some Oreida sweet potato fries. I love these fries.


 While I was putting all this together, I was also watching an instant movie on Netflix. I watched Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick Jr. ( I just love him, he's a real cutie) in "New In Town". It is a romantic comedy and it was pretty good. I enjoyed watching it.


Now it's time for bed, so I can figure out what's for breakfast tomorrow, lol. Do you like smoothies? What do you put in your smoothies? Have you tried cereal, oats, spinach or anything like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment