Google Search Results

Friday, March 18, 2011

In Need Of A Quick Pick Me Up

Today was one of those days that was looking to be perfect, but it just didn't feel that way. I'd slept pretty good, but just wasn't feeling motivated. I would have loved to have crawled right back in bed, but I didn't. I got up and fix myself some breakfast. I've been craving coconut lately. I'd planned on having it with my yogurt, but had almost forgotten, that I had strawberries that needed to be eaten. So my yogurt bowl, this morning, has both strawberries and coconut.


What's in the bowl
Multi-grain Flakes
Cheerios
Kix
Ground Flax
Fresh Sliced Strawberries
Dannon Vanilla Yogurt
Chopped Walnuts

I loved the toasted coconut. It was great with the Dannon vanilla. 

For lunch I had a salad in a bowl. 

What's in the bowl
Dole's 7 Lettuce Blend
Spinach
Carrot
Red Bell Pepper
Red Onion
Dried Cranberries
Chopped Walnuts
Feta Cheese

Dessert - leftover Chocolate Pound Cake. I kind of felt down most of the day, one reason for eating the cake. I was desperate for a pick me up.

I didn't bring this home for me. Some other people in this house were suppose to eat it and didn't. I also have a problem with wasting food, but I am improving. I have learned that I cannot eat it all. The cake did sort of pick me up a little.
 This evening we went to Zumba class. I felt much better once I found out we would be able to go. We went to another class at a different church with a different instructor. We got a workout tonight. It was a little tough to keep up with, but no harder than the other class, however, it was faster paced and we actually broke a sweat. I would love to have started this class from the beginning. Zumba is a fun class. It will be even better once we learn all the steps. I hope to get a video so that we can practice some at home.

I was starving when I got home and so glad I took a SmartWater with me. I wanted something quick when I got home, but choice was limited. No problem though, the sandwich I had was very yummy and satisfying. I had a MSF Chik'n Griller on toast with the 7 lettuce blend, red pepper, red onion, American cheese, BBQ sauce, and dill pickles.


Nothing like a thick sloppy sandwich with lots of crunch veggies. It ain't good if it ain't sloppy. 
  I think the best pick me up of the day was the Zumba.  What is your favorite pick me up when you are feeling down? Super tired and ready for better. Debating whether or not to do my yoga.











No comments:

Post a Comment