Google Search Results

Friday, March 04, 2011

Too Many Carbs

Today started off good (food wise). I got to bed early and although I was rudely awakened my the canine party going on in the dining room, I was up early. After letting the dogs out, I stayed up, even though I was not terribly happy about it. I hadn't slept long enough to figure out what was for breakfast. Normally by the time I wake up, I have it all figured out. I really had to think about it.

I had thought about making banana muffins, since I had 2 very ripe bananas that would not be eaten otherwise, but I was not really in the mood at that particular moment, to bake. I also had a very ripe nectarine that I had nearly forgotten about and since I had a nice thick, creamy cup of peach Chobani sittin' in the frig, that seemed to be calling my name, I went with the nectarine.


What's in the bowl
Peach Chobani Greek nonfat yogurt
Ground flax
Multi-Grain flakes
Kix
Cheerios (these are a great snack, not just for babies)
Very ripe nectarine
Chopped walnuts

Somehow I didn't get my Wii exercise in today. I had forgotten I would be keeping the girls this afternoon and I needed to child proof my house. I also needed to get a bath, bake the muffins, since I doubt the bananas would last much longer, fix lunch and do my normal housework before the girl got here.


Lunch was cut short, due to muffin baking and a rush to get my shower and so I just had a bowl of the mac & cheese with tomatoes, that I had for lunch yesterday.
 

 
I also had to have one of the babies, fresh from the oven. I've decide to do a separate post for these with pics and recipe tomorrow. I wanted to do a quick post tonight, since I got a late start and be able to get to bed early. How do you feel about me doing separate posts for all my recipes? Let me know.  I was hoping, it would be better for those who want to get straight to the recipe, when they click on the link from the recipe page. I don't know if I will be able to do it for all the recipes already posted though, since the title would have to change, but I will decide on that later.

Unfortunately I was too scatter brained to get any pictures of the girls today. I think being jarred awake this morning really messed me up. Well, lets just say, that's what did it.....
After the girls went home I was scrambling to get something fixed before Idol came on, not to mention I was sort of starving. I fixed a quick Birdseye Steamfresh pack of Lightly Sauced Penne Pasta & Vegetables w/ Alfredo Sauce and some frozen peas.

Very simply, but very good. It started out as something I was settling for, but really hit the spot, maybe because I was so hungry, either way it was good.

Yeah, this day started off good, but quickly turned into a carbolicious day. I'm not sure why, but some days just work out that way. I guess as long as it's not everyday, there's no since in beating myself up about it. Well, that's all folks. If you're up for some muffins, be sure and check back tomorrow. I'll try to get the recipe post up as early as possible, but it should definitely be up by late afternoon. I'll post on Twitter as soon as I get it done. (hit the twitter button on the right if you'd like to follow) I'm open to suggestions for improving the site, so if you have any leave a comment. Thanks Cya!


No comments:

Post a Comment