Google Search Results

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Black Bean And Pineapple Quesadilla Recipe

 
 
 Today I found a recipe for a  black bean and pineapple quesadilla. I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I used most of the same ingredients, but not the same amounts. I also omitted the green chilies. I didn't want to open a whole can for just one quesadilla. I used my own taco seasoning which has red pepper flakes for heat. I used fresh pineapple and I also used Mexican blend cheese instead of cheddar. One more thing I did differently was putting my quesadilla in an iron skillet and grilling it instead of in the oven. I really liked this. I accidentally put a little too much taco seasoning, but I still thought it was great. I would like to have had a little more pineapple on mine. I enjoyed the sweetness and the heat. I also used taco sauce for dipping, but preferred the quesadilla without it. I think sour cream would have been better.
 
I put chopped onion and a little olive oil in a pan and cooked the onion until it was soft.

I then added my leftover black beans.

I mashed the beans with the onion and added my taco seasoning and a little water, then I spread the mixture onto my tortilla.

I placed the fresh pineapple pieces on top of the bean mixture.

I sprinkled Mexican blend cheese over the beans and pineapple and placed another tortilla on top. Then I placed it in a heated skillet, browning it on one side, then flipping to brown the other side. 

I cut it into wedges and used a little taco sauce for dipping. Not bad, but I think I would prefer sour cream with this quesadilla. 
 This is the recipe I used. I found it here on Food.com.

Ingredients

    • 1 flour tortillas
    • 1 -2 ounce green chilies, diced
    • 1 -2 ounce onions, diced
    • 2 ounces pineapple tidbits
    • 4 ounces refried black beans ( I used black beans and mashed them myself)
    • 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
    • 1 -2 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions

  1. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. Stir chilies and onion over medium-high until onions are translucent.
  3. Add refried black beans and taco seasoning to chilies and onion in pan and mix well.
  4. Spread mixture across 1/2 of the tortilla.
  5. Sprinkle with pineapple bits and cheese.
  6. Fold over the other half of the tortilla.
  7. Bake at 300 until cheese is melted and beans are warmed through, about 10-12 minutes.
  8. Serve with toppings of your choice, such as sour cream, guacamole, diced tomato, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment