Google Search Results

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins

This morning I made muffins. I planned to make them last night. I had strawberries that needed to be used. I used my multi muffin mix recipe. I also had a navel orange with my muffin.


The muffin is a Strawberry Oatmeal Muffin. It was delicious. After eating plain yogurt the other day with a little almond extract thrown in, I still had the taste for it, so I decided to add some slivered almonds and a little of the extract to the muffins as well. The directions for this version have been added to the Multi Muffin Recipe. I did flub these up a little. I totally forgot to add the oil, but they turned out fine, I guess because of the moisture in the strawberries. I subbed 1/2 c. of oatmeal for 1/2 c. of  the flour. I only got 10 muffins. I think I could have just added the oatmeal, but I wasn't sure. If you go for the no oil version, lol, I think I'd substitute with oatmeal. I know it works that way. I would have sprinkled them with some course sugar, but I didn't have any. They were so good, I ate another one. I was really full, I should have skipped it.

We had another warm sunny day today, but not as warm as yesterday. I've left the dogs outside all day both days and worked on cleaning up the kennel dining room, washing all the dog blankets and rugs. They enjoyed the weather too, not to mention that they sleep later in the morning.

I also did some yoga stretches today. I did the ones for strength, but I think I should have done the ones for flexibility. I'm not quite as flexible as I'd like to be. I've never been able to do a split. I'm not sure it's possible, but I'd like to find out. 

I had a vegan Boca burger for lunch. I decided to go with a Mexican theme, using Mexican blend cheese and salsa on the burger with spinach, red onion and green pepper underneath on a big ol' sesame seed bun. I also seasoned my Boca with a little taco seasoning.

The bun was huge....compared to my burger anyway.

All I've wanted to do today was eat. I just had to have another cone with peach frozen yogurt, at least it was nonfat. 
Dinner was a repeat of yesterday. My no fry stir fried brown rice. I'm not sure, but I think this bowl had more veggies. After it was ready, I thought about the fact that I could have made it into a bowl of soup with rice, but it was too late and I was too lazy. I'll try to remember to do tomatoes next week.

 It was a pretty good day, of course the muffins and the frozen yogurt were the best. Hopefully I won't tip the scales in the morning. I forgot to step on them this morning. I usually eat better during the day if I weigh myself in the morning. I guess I should have weighed in this morning. Do you weigh in? How often? I use my scales as motivation. I try to weigh in every morning, but I fell of the wagon over the winter and now I'm paying for it, lol. I'm also having a hard time getting back in the habit. Wish me luck.






No comments:

Post a Comment