Google Search Results

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Strawberry Salad

Up this morning after a good nights sleep, of course I did wake up long enough during the night to plan breakfast and lunch.
Yummy!
What's in the bowl
Vanilla Yogurt
Ground flax
Multi-grain Flakes
Cheerios
Kix
1/2 a Fuji Apple
Cinnamon
Chopped Walnuts

After breakfast, I worked on my Hoosier cabinet some. I haven't taken the hardware off yet, which was what I had planned to do next, instead I scraped paint with a razor blade. I am just taking off the loose paint for now. I haven't decided yet whether to sand or strip the rest. The part of painting it, is a long way off. I'll take some more photos as I go. I forgot to get any today.

Breakfast was delicious, but lunch was even better. I would have done this salad sooner, but for some reason I was thinking I'd already added this recipe. This is one of my favorite salads. I sort of change it up a little occasionally depending on the ingredients I have on hand, but the taste is always one that makes me want more. I will be posting the original recipe on my recipe page along with the recipe for the dressing.

What's on the plate
Organic Baby Spinach
Dole's Seven Lettuce Blend
Red Onion
Green Bell Pepper
Sweet Fresh Sliced Strawberries
Feta Cheese
Honey Roasted Cashews from Yoder's Amish Market
A Sweet Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing


This afternoon I had to have a snack. I had Ritz crackers with low fat cream cheese and jalapeno jelly



Dinner was a repeat of yesterday, another salad topped with crumbled leftover tuna steak. Tonight I used my Simple Asian Salad Dressing instead of Toasted Sesame Soy & Ginger Vinaigrette I used last night. I also added crushed red pepper flakes.



 This evening there wasn't much on tv so I wound up watching and old movie called "The Star Chamber" with Michael Douglas. This is the description of the movie -  Disgusted with criminals escaping the judicial system via technicalities, an idealistic young judge investigates an alternative method for punishing the guilty. It wasn't bad.
I guess if I'm going to get to bed, I'd better wrap this up. Hope you try the Strawberry salad. If you do, let me know what you think. If you like salads with fruit you may also like my Apple Cinnamon Salad.






No comments:

Post a Comment