Google Search Results

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Two Ways To Use Fresh Pineapple

I got up this morning with pineapple on my mind. I had a fresh pineapple just calling my name. I decided to cut it up and have some of it for breakfast. Well, if you've been reading the blog, you were probably able to guess what I had for breakfast. I've been on this smoothie kick and I just can't get enough of them. It's like having a milkshake for breakfast, but way better. The smoothie today, I am calling Black Cherry Pineapple. If pineapple and black cherry aren't your thing, you can check out the other smoothie recipes on my recipe page.

What's in the glass
Fresh Pineapple
Black Cherry Chobani Greek Yogurt 0%
Milk 2%
Multi Grain Flakes Cereal
Ground Flax
Ice Cubes
 I was hoping that the pineapple would be the dominant flavor, but I think the black cherry won.

I had the girls (my grand babies) today, while their Mom ran an errand. Miss Mary wasn't feeling too good today for some reason. She wanted to be held and eventually went to sleep and slept most of the time. Miss Lexi was very good. She played with baby dolls and dressed in her fairy costume, while playing games on the computer and watching Barney (way to multi task). She also had lunch which consisted of a bowl of mac & cheese, 1 banana, an angel biscuit with cheese and several Town House crackers. She was in need of a nap herself, so I think the food was a way to stay awake.  

I had one of Amy's Bowls for lunch. It was one I hadn't tried. I was the Country Cheddar made with organic pasta and vegetables in a cheddar cheese sauce. As usual it with Amy's dinners, it was a winner. I do think her Mexican stuff is what she does best though. Check out the other Amy's dishes I've tried by clicking the Amy's label at the bottom of the post.
What's in the bowl
Broccoli
Julienne Carrots
Roasted Potatoes
Red Bell Peppers
Baked Tofu
Rotini Pasta
Creamy Aged Cheddar Cheese Sauce

I've never eaten tofu before or at least I don't think I have. It was pretty good. The texture kind of reminded me of a boiled egg. It didn't really have a flavor. I only tasted the veggies and cheese sauce. It also looked like the chunks of potato. I had to take a bite to tell the difference.

I also had a few peanut butter pretzels. These things are too yummy. I took the container to Lucas for him to keep in his room......so that I don't eat the whole thing. Outa sight, outa mind.

For dinner I had leftover black beans to eat. I wanted to do something different with them. I just happened to find a recipe for a Black Bean & Pineapple Quesadilla. Sounded good to me, so I thought I'd give it a try. It was pretty good, so, I'm posting the recipe with photos.

I loved the sweet and spicy combo. I should have used more pineapple though and had sour cream instead of taco sauce. Sure, I'd eat these again. I always ask Lucas, "Would you eat it again?", because that's how I can tell if he really likes something or not.

Well, I've done three posts in one day or one night, so I'm cutting it short. I've too tired to think what I've left out, but I'm sure there something. If it's anything major, just let me know and I will try to fix it. The Blog World has been busy lately. My site and I really appreciate the Look-y Lou's. If you'd like to come back later, please do. You can subscribe by RSS Feed or Email. You can also follow me on Twitter. Any questions, just leave a comment.  No questions, leave a comment anyway. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment