Google Search Results

Friday, March 25, 2011

Veggie Patch Veggie Dog Review

 *Updated 7-4-11

I got up this morning, had a quick shower and a quick breakfast. I had a large fruit smoothie; thick, delicious and quite filling.

What's in the glass
3/4 Cup Frozen Strawberries, Peaches and Banana
4 Fresh Strawberries
About 3/4 Cup 2% Milk
1 tsp. Ground Flax
A Handful of Multi Grain Flakes
A tsp. Raw Sugar
Mom and my Aunt Lynda invited me out today. We had lunch at O' Charley's. I had the Teriyaki Sesame Tilapia. It was just as yummy as the last time I had it. I love the sweet spicy flavor of it. I only ate half, but I did bring the rest home for another meal. Ya, can't beat eating twice for one price, especially when the food is this good.

 I also got a haircut while I was out. It's a little shorter than I had planned. Luckily my hair hasn't quit growing. I got home in time to wash my hair for the second time today, blow dry it a little and head out to Zumba class. We had a different instructor tonight. It was a little more relaxed than last Thursday's class, but we still got a great workout and we still had a ball. I really like working out with Zumba. It's like a party, everyone dancing, not at all like exercising. If I have to exercise, I definitely want it to be fun and not boring. The more I do it, the more I want to do it. 

When I got home, I was starving. I wasn't sure what I was going to eat, but I was sure I wanted something quick, so I had a veggie dog. I've eaten a veggie dog before, but it was a Morning Star Farms brand. This was a Veggie Patch veggie dog. I wasn't sure I would like it. The MSF dogs were shorter and fatter. These are long and skinny. MSF dogs were kind of red looking, about the color of Bac-O's and they had a similar flavor. The Veggie Patch dog had a milder slightly different flavor. The texture was sort of like a regular hotdog. MSF was firmer and tougher. These are suppose to be boiled according to directions. I put mine in a little water in a microwave/oven safe dish and cooked it for a couple of minutes. It made it sort of prune-y looking. I then drained the water off and stuck it in the toaster oven for a couple of minutes. I liked it better that way. It did stick a little to the dish so, spraying it with cooking spray would probably be better.
I had it with mustard and relish. I meant to add a little diced onion, but I was so hungry, I completely forgot. The VP veggie dog was very good. I liked that they were frozen individually, though they aren't wrapped individually. The MSF dogs were frozen all together. I use to have to use a knife to break them apart so I didn't have to thaw all 8 dogs. I also loved that they are bun length, pretty much. I can't wait to try them on the grill.
*Update
 Finally got to grill the Veggie Patch dogs. They turned out great. They didn't get rubbery or balloon up and hollow out like the Yves. I was very impressed. Looks like the real thing, huh?

I was hoping that the veggie dog would be enough, but I was still a little hungry afterwards, so I had a few chips with salsa. I tried the Food Lion brand, but the Pace Salsa was soooo much better.
Now after a day of running and a evening of Zumba, I am sure I met my quota for exercise. Luckily I had so much fun doing it, I didn't really realize what a workout I was getting. I am starting to feeling it some now after sitting still typing away. My legs are ready for bed. What is your favorite way to exercise? Do you do more than one type of exercise to keep things interesting?  

No comments:

Post a Comment