Google Search Results

Friday, February 11, 2011

Lean Cuisine Review

Well if you read my previous post, you sort of know how my day began, if not, I'll just say, it didn't start off as well as I would have liked, but better than yesterday ended. Breakfast was a different story. It hit the spot. I had strawberry yogurt with fresh sliced strawberries and a small piece of my baked oatmeal crumbled over the top.



I was really drained the first part of the day. I felt better as the day went on. I've been thinking about trying some sort of detox, but I want do one with fruit and/or veggies. I'm looking into it, to find one that won't leave me feeling deprived. I'm also going to increase my vitamin C intake and see if I can increase my iron levels. Vitamin C helps the body absorb iron. I don't think I'm getting enough of either.

For lunch I had a Lean Cuisine vegetable egg roll and rice with veggies and an Asian-style ginger and orange sauce. I also had an orange and a few more strawberries.  It was a very colorful meal.... I like. The egg roll was a little soggy; it was expected. You know it would probably be a good idea if they packaged the egg roll in a separate section or with one of those card stock sleeves like you get with hot pockets or something. Anyway, the rice and veggies were good. I liked the sauce and the egg roll wasn't bad. I still enjoyed it, soggy or not. The fruit went well with it. I was very full when I was done. The Lean Cuisine was just 320 calories and 4g fat.



Dinner was a Morning Star Farms griller (veggie burger), mashed potatoes and peas. I usually eat barbecue sauce with mashed potatoes, but I didn't have any. There were some packets of Sonny's bbq sauce that I was given, but I know why they weren't wanted. Sonny's bbq sauce is nasty! DH will probably like it. It just tastes like black pepper. It should be called black pepper sauce. It's suppose to have chipotle pepper in it, but you couldn't taste anything, but black pepper. I mixed a little ketchup with brown sugar, garlic, and bbq seasoning.  It was alright. I will check and see if I have the ingredients to make some sauce. I haven't made any in a long time.



Well it's been a pretty good day considering, it didn't start off so well. Have you ever detoxed? What kind of detox was it and how did you feel afterwards?

No comments:

Post a Comment