Google Search Results

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Dinner And A Movie

Looks like another rainy day here in Podunk (DS's nickname for where we live). I was up early this morning. I went to bed sooner than usual and even though I didn't sleep all that well, I was wide awake at 7am. I didn't really feel like fixing breakfast as soon as I got up, so I started surfing the web for some cheese alternatives. I would like to try some of the things I've found, but I wish I knew someone that already used them, so they wouldn't go to waste if I don't like them. Health foods can be sort of expensive compared to ordinary food. Junk food is the cheapest and yet they wonder why more people don't eat healthy. I would love to eat all organic food and other healthier type products, but when you are stretching every dollar, it is very difficult. It's no wonder why wealthy people live longer

Well, I finally decided to fix a little breakfast, actually not so little, but breakfast none the less. Lately I have been thinking about breakfast the night before, usually in the middle of the night, lol. I had already decided what I was having. I fixed myself two MSF veggie sausages, half a sub roll toasted with apple butter, and half an apple. It was just what I needed.



 I had thought about doing the baked oatmeal recipe that I had found, but since Lucas said he would try it with me, I decide to wait until tomorrow since he doesn't have classes. I picked the recipe because you put it together the night before, stick it in fridge and bake it the next morning. Here is the recipe in case you'd like to have some in the morning. I am also posting a link to the recipe in case you would like to read the reviews. I usually read the reviews, to get more of an idea about the recipe. You can learn a lot from the reviews.

Baked Oatmeal
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Servings: 4

Ingredients
    • 2 cups oatmeal ( quick cooking or old fashioned)
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1 cup milk
    • 2 eggs, beaten
    • 1/2 cup applesauce, I use chunky
    • 1/2 cup brown sugar
    • 1 cup vanilla yogurt, for topping
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl combine the oatmeal, baking powder and salt.
  3. Mix in milk, eggs, applesauce, brown sugar.
  4. Pour into a greased casserole dish.
  5. Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.
  6. Serve hot, topping each with vanilla yogurt.  
Cranberry Orange Pecan Variation 
Check out other variations on my recipe page.

It really rained today, so there went another day to walk. Hopefully we will get some better days before it gets too cold. I fought sleep all day. I stayed busy to keep from going to sleep. When it was time for lunch, I had the rest of my Chipotle Sweet Potato soup with a salad and some Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos (my favorite flavor). I blended the soup with my hand blender for a thicker creamier soup. I used lite ranch dressing for the salad. The salad was from a bag except for the radishes. After lunch, I got my second wind and I was ready for anything.



When Lucas got home we watched our movie (The Bounty Hunter), which we have waited 2 days to watch. We decided to watch it early, since there was something on tv later that we had already planned to watch and we didn't want to wait a third day. It was very good. I laughed and laughed. Lucas even liked it and I wasn't sure he would watch the whole thing. Usually if it's a romantic comedy type movie, he loses interest, but it was really funny and more comedy than romantic.


I decided near the end of the movie that I should fix a quick bite, so that I could get started on my post as soon as the movie was over. Needless to say, dinner was simple and to the point. I just heated the leftover chili and added some whole wheat crackers. Looks like another no cheese day and it didn't hurt a bit.


Now I must go and prepare my breakfast. Have a great night/day?!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment