Google Search Results

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Eating Light

As soon as I opened my eyes, I realized today wouldn't be a day for walking. It looked like rain outside and DH wanted me to ride with him to get some materials for one of the cookers he is building. I had to jump up and grab me a bagel for breakfast. DH is always in a hurry and I have to fast. I toasted my bagel and spread it with some hummus that I got from the grocery store (I like my hummus better, but I was being lazy). I gobbled it down and we ran out the door (this is why I eat too fast).



It rained off and on while we were out, but just enough to mess everything up. By the time we got back, my bagel had worn off and I was ready for lunch. Today I was going to have some chili. I am so in the mood for soup type food. I guess it's this cool weather we're finally getting. I just did a quick version of chili, since I didn't have everything for homemade. I took a can of chili beans (no meat, of course) and a can of petite diced tomatoes, some extra garlic, cumin, and Mexican oregano, although I think I should have just left out the oregano. It wasn't what I was going for. I fixed another half sub roll with EVOO and garlic to go with it and another little half cupcake (one more half and they're gone).





 I have been so sleepy, ever since I finished eating. I thought I slept pretty well last night, but apparently not as much as I needed to. I thought I would get started on today's blog and maybe I can get to bed earlier tonight. I am still trying to eat better in hopes that I will feel better. I want to eat less sugar and less cheese. It seems like most of the food I have, has cheese in it though, so I will just have to spread it out and maybe only eat the cheese stuff once a day until it's gone.

Today is a cheese free day though. I needed one after being so miserable yesterday and it was nice. I love cheese, but it doesn't love me. For dinner, I just sort of snacked. First I ate some fresh baby carrots and some more of the hummus.  I still wasn't sure what else I wanted to eat. I looked around and saw that I still had some of the cabbage rolls from Sunday. I had nearly forgotten. They needed to be eaten and they didn't have cheese in them. I put a little ketchup on them. I don't know why. I hardly ever eat ketchup, but it seemed like the thing to do. Between the carrots, hummus and cabbage rolls. I was full and I felt good.



It was a good day. No cheese and not much sugar. This is what I call eating light. It's when you still fill light after you eat. Have you stopped eating cheese? What are some good replacements for cheese?

No comments:

Post a Comment