Google Search Results

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Searching For Healthier Desserts

Another beautiful sunny, but cool day. I was warm and cozy under my blankets. I wasn't excited about getting up, but I didn't feel too bad. I had laid a gingerbread bagel out of the freezer yesterday, to had for breakfast this morning. I still have a little almond butter and dried cranberries, so I figured I would have them on my bagel.


I popped my bagel into the toaster oven and got busy unloading the dishwasher. My ADHD kicked in and I sorta charred the bottom and edges of my bagel, not bad enough that it couldn't be eaten, but just enough to make me mad. I have burnt more in that toaster oven than I have in all the ovens I ever owned or any toaster for that matter. It just doesn't like me and the feeling is mutual.

I was hoping to cut back on my electric bill by using the toaster over, but it just may not be worth it. It was cheap and you know what they say about cheap stuff. It doesn't save me much, if I keep burning up my food.

I checked my email this morning and saw a message from Mom. It seems her furnace is not working. I called her to see what was going on and she apparently didn't think it was too serious, since she didn't call. She had just turned on the gas fireplace and kept the house fairly warm. We got ready and rode over to her house, so that DH, could take a look at it.

Dale tried to get it running, but apparently something is broken. He has a friend who knows more about the furnaces and he's going to see what he can find out before calling a professional. We believe in pinching pennies until they squeal. While we were there, Mom gave me some broccoli pasta salad she had just made, so I took it home and had it for lunch. Yummo!



After we got us a bite to eat we went to Wally World (Walmart). I had a few thing to pick up. I had thought about getting some more of the Greek yogurt, but I opted for the regular this time since the price was double what the regular cost and there was more in the regular container. It cost to be healthy and unfortunately I can't afford it right now. I will just have to shop around and maybe find some coupons. I did get the things to fix my baked oatmeal, hence the need for the yogurt.

When we got home I had the last piece of pumpkin pie. Oh yeah , Mom doesn't want me to decrease my sugar intake, she also gave me donuts from Dunkin, which I will probably freeze. I have donuts in the freezer already.


After my sugar buzz wore off, I felt like taking a nap, but I waited for my second wind, then I decided to fix some dinner. I say that, like I went into the kitchen and prepared a meal, when actually what I did was take some of the leftover cooked cabbage and mixed it with a chopped up leftover stuffed pepper and heated it in the microwave. Ta Da! Dinner. I really am such the gourmet.


I found a coupon for Yoplait Greek, but I'm not sure where they sell it and since I am using Ubuntu (Linux) instead of Windows, I will have to boot into Windows to get the coupon. I also found one for Chobani, again I need Windows.  I've posted a link, for them, but I haven't tried them yet.


Coupon - Yoplait Greek yogurt 
Coupon - Chobani Greek yogurt

Do you know of any way to use small amounts of cookies, cake, donuts, etc. to make a healthier dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment