Google Search Results

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Does Sugar Cause Depression, Make You Feel Bad

I did get the sun I had hoped for today, but it really wasn't working for me. I turned on the Christmas music again and that didn't do the trick either. I am wondering if it is because of all the sweets I've been eating. I think I feel better with less sugar. 

I was chilly this morning when I woke up. I sleep so well when it's cool, but I don't really want to get up when it's time to either. I forgot to make my baked oatmeal last night. My DD, Lindsay says she just puts it together and bakes it, instead of doing the overnight thing. She says it comes out fine. I thought about doing it that way, but then I realized I was out of applesauce and out of apples, which is what I wanted, so I decided to go with cinnamon toast and canned pears. Canned fruit is not my first choice, but it does work as a back up sometimes.



For lunch I made some cooked cabbage with a little butter, salt and pepper, to go with one of the leftover stuffed bell pepper from Thanksgiving


I had a piece of the pumpkin pie for dessert. The cool whip was bigger than the pie, lol. 

 In researching my theory that sugar makes me feel bad, I found this article, which supports the speculation. I should have read it before having the pie. I really need to cut back on sweets, but I am having trouble because every weekend I am surrounded by it. I also need to find alternatives to sweet breakfasts. I will continue to look for ways to decrease sugar in foods that I like, so that maybe I won't feel totally deprived and totally depressed. 

Now on to the dinner menu. It took me a little while to decide what to have for dinner and now I am regretting my choice. I fixed myself, a veggie burger on a cormeal kaiser roll , no cheese this time; just butter lettuce, dill pickles, onion and mayo with a little chex mix on the side. I thought today's cabbage would be the problem, if I had one, but it never seemed to bother me. It wasn't until after I had the burger that I had a problem. I have been tasting that burger over and over ever since I ate it. It was good while I was eating it though. 



Email subscriptions are working, so if you'd like to subscribe to this blog you can click on the link on the right and enter your email address. Blog posts will arrive vial email. How cool it that? Thanks, Lynda for letting me know it's working. 

Are you trying to cut back on sugar? What strategies are you using? Wish me luck with decreasing my sugar intake. 

I want a Gourmet Chia Herb Garden, lol; just saw it on tv.  

No comments:

Post a Comment