Google Search Results

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Pre - Holiday Food

One more day until Thanksgiving! Are you ready for the madness to begin?


I stayed up too late last night. I was so sleepy while I was doing yesterday's post, but once I was done, I got my second boost of energy. I got up about the same time, now my booty's draggin' again. It's a vicious cycle. I must have slept better though, because I didn't plan breakfast during the night and when I woke up, I had no idea what I was going to have. I wanted something different today, but I wasn't sure what. I chose a gingerbread bagel from Panera's, but then, what to go with it? No cream cheese, not peanut butter, hmmm.....how about almond butter? I wasn't sure if almond butter would be good or not, but I went with it. I also had an apple, I planned to eat the whole apple, but just ate half.


The almond butter was soooo good with the gingerbread bagel. I was pleasantly surprised and the apple went perfectly with the pair; a few raisins and it would have been even better.


Today was not nearly as productive as the day before. The sun was out, but it wasn't doing it's job. The leaves were back on my back porch, my front porch too. I swept them off the back porch, but never got around to the front. Today was spent thinking about how many things need to be done around the house and wondering how I would get them all done. Time slipped away, so did the sun and breakfast had served it's purpose. It was time for lunch.


I had another muenster cheese sandwich with marinated portabellas and butter lettuce on a Fresh Market onion roll (no tomato today), with the last of the pasta salad. Yummo!


The sky had clouded up and the wind began to blow. The temperature outside was dropping, but the house was still hot inside. It knows the rain is coming. There's only a sprinkle here and there so far. There's cake going to waste, so, I had a piece of the chocolate pound cake. The rest is going in the freezer. I refuse to eat all of the sweets that come into this house.



Dinner was like breakfast. I had no idea what I was going to have. The leftovers were pretty much gone, except for a little of the baked beans and a few potato wedges. I also had mushrooms that needed to be eaten. It was looking like dinner would be soup. I love soup.


I guess we can call it mushroom soup. I sliced up about 6-8 mushrooms and about a 1/4 of a large onion. I put approximately a tbsp of EVOO in a pot and threw in the onions. I sauteed the onions until they were translucent and then I threw in the mushrooms. While the mushrooms were cooking a little, I diced up the leftover potato wedges, maybe 5. I cooked the mushrooms until they were juicy and then let the juices reduce some. I put in 2 cups of water, 1 vegetable bouillon cube, a sprinkle of garlic powder, about 1/2 tsp. of dried parsley, and about 1 Tbsp. of soy sauce and then I let it boil for about 5 minutes.  The measurements aren't exact, because I was just throwing it together, but I do try to estimate as I go in case I want to repeat whatever I've made. It turned out very good and I will probably make it again.


Tomorrow I will be cleaning out the fridge to prepare for Thanksgiving food and leftovers and I haven't even made room for a Christmas tree. I am so not ready for the holidays to begin. What are you doing to get ready?

Free Cookbook Download - Delicious Living

No comments:

Post a Comment