Google Search Results

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Don't Give Up, Get Up

 Oh, I could have slept the day away, but I didn't. The clouds were about, the rain came and yet today I didn't feel as bad as yesterday, but it would have been a good day to lay in bed. I did start out feeling kind of blah. I got up anyway and decided to have the last piece of  the banana, chocolate chip baked oatmeal. I warmed the oatmeal and I warmed some peanut butter, stirred in some ground flax and spread it over the top of the oatmeal. I sliced up a golden delicious apple and I had breakfast. It was so much better than the Quaker oatmeal to go. I just can't do that much sweet for breakfast. I am trying to cut back on all sweets, but it's not easy.




For lunch I had a piece of cornbread buttered, some petite diced tomatoes with basil and mashed cranberry beans. Cranberry beans are so ugly when their cooked. There just wasn't much I could do to make them look appealing. I added a little butter, some coriander, onion powder, salt and pepper and mashed them up like potatoes or refried beans. They were pretty good that way, no matter what they looked like.



Oh, and this is how I like to eat my tomatoes and cornbread...

I also had a snack about an hour or two later. It was a snack mix called PomeCranates 'N Cream, that Mom got me from Walmart, I think. It's made of yogurt covered raisins, honey roasted peanuts, & pomegranate flavored dried cranberries. It was good, but I think it would be better with dry roasted peanuts. I like the sweet/salty flavor combination.



Dinner was late and yet I wasn't that hungry. I guess my heavy lunch and my snack mix stayed with me a while. I decided I wanted something lite to eat, so I just fixed a large salad. I had baby romaine, tomato, onion, broccoli, cucumber, bell pepper, walnuts and a randomly thrown together vinaigrette made of red wine vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, raw sugar, pepper, salt, onion powder, dill, and Italian seasoning. It was pretty good. I will have to figure out a recipe for it. Homemade dressings can be so much better than store bought.




I guess today was a pretty good day all in all. I'm still here, nothing bad happened and I had some pretty good food, lol, and the moral of the story is......yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, but it just seemed fitting to say with the title being what it is; and now for the question of the day. Mom usually asks for Sunday dinner suggestions. Do you have any suggestions for Sunday dinner? Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment