Google Search Results

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Slow Breakfast, Quick Lunch & Dinner

I woke up a little early this morning, ready to get my oatmeal started. I couldn't wait to taste my new variation of the baked oatmeal. With this batch, I skipped the applesauce, added 1 apple peeled & chopped,
1/3 C. chopped walnuts, 1/4 C. dried cranberries, 2 tsp. ground flax, and 1 tsp. each cinnamon & vanilla. It turned out to be the best batch so far. I do think I will add a little more cranberries next time, but it was really good. It was a little softer on top than the last batch. I probably would have used the apple sauce, but I didn't have any this time. I think I liked it better without. DH even ate some this time. I will have to double the recipe next time, because it isn't lasting long enough. The only thing I don't like about it, is waiting 45 minutes for it to bake, but sooo worth it.



We took Mom's car to get the oil changed today. DH was going to do it here, but it was going to cost as much for him to do it, as it does to have it done and his jack is under DS's car at the moment anyway. We took it to Walmart. They also test the battery, check the transmission fluid, clean the windows and vacuum the car, all included in the price of the oil change and it didn't take them long at all. Ya just can't beat that. DS also ordered the parts to fix his car. They will be here tomorrow. Hopefully they will have it fixed by the weekend. Fingers crossed!!

After we got back I fixed lunch. I had a bowl of Campbell's Harvest Select Light Southwestern vegetable soup. It's mostly broth and carrots with a few black beans (maybe 3). I added some extra black beans and a little taco sauce. I should have rinsed the beans and not used the taco sauce. It looked bad and didn't have the best flavor, but it was alright. I made a cheese quesadilla to go with. It was the best part.


The day was nice, although I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. I didn't feel bad, I just didn't feel motivated. I was going to fix some brown rice with dinner, but it was going to take 40-50 minutes to cook and I didn't plan enough time for that. I was hungry already, so we decided to fix mac & cheese, not even good mac & cheese, just the kind in a box. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't made from scratch. I fixed a simple salad of spring mix, carrots, broccoli, & onion to go with and used barbecue sauce to throw together a dressing. I just added a little oil, vinegar, water. Not the best dressing I've made, but I did it in a hurry using a barbecue sauce that I didn't particularly like to begin with. I think it would have been good had I taken my time and used a better sauce.




It's time for me to get ready for bed. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment