Google Search Results

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Less Food, More Fun

I survived Thanksgiving, lol. Another day to be thankful for. I did a major no-no this morning....I skipped breakfast. I just didn't want anything, nothing appealed to me, so I figured I would wait until I wanted something. I guess we will call my first meal brunch.

For brunch I had the leftover salad. I said I could make a meal of it and I did. I also notice there were no mushrooms in it. I am pretty sure there was suppose to be mushrooms in it. I didn't have anymore of my own to put in it, but it was still good.


I am ready for some sun. It was cloudy and sort of misty today, but I think we are going get some sun tomorrow. I am very excited about that. Doesn't take much to please me, right? I really need to get ready for Christmas. I listened to Christmas music today to try and get in the mood, but it just wasn't working. I am going to try again tomorrow if the sun is out. I think that will help.

I had a piece of the tres leches cake today. It was so good. I still think it would be better if they left off the thick icing and if the top of the cake was more moist like the bottom. I would like to make a less sweet version, if thats possible. DS, Lucas made one once and it was very good, but still pretty sweet.


This afternoon I went over to my DD, Lindsay's to visit with my grand babies. I had a great time playing with the girls. I had such a good time, I forgot to get pictures until we were leaving. The one of Mary was blurry dadgummit, but I did get one of Lexi, which is a feat in itself. That child moves like lightning. I can never get a good picture of her. I am doing a little better about remembering to get pictures than I was too begin with, but I still haven't graduated to shutterbug.


I want to spend more time with the kids. Lexi lived in my house for a while after she was born and so I got to form a bond with her. I would like to keep that going and form a bond like that with Mary. Lexi and I played ball and did crafts and I played with Mary in the floor and we all watched Toy Story 3. Even Mary liked it. I also got to hold Mary while she went to sleep.

When we got home we were ready for a bite to eat. I have leftovers again. On my plate, I had mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing and a roll. I couldn't eat it all. It was very filling.


I watched another movie. It was one for grown-ups. It was My Life In Ruins. I wasn't that thrilled with the beginning of the movie, but it got better as it went. Today was like the movie, it also got better as it went.

I see I've gotten a few more subscribers. I just want to say, thanks for checkin' me out and I hope you'll stay with me. I don't think anyone has subscribed by email yet. Hopefully that will work. It anyone does subscribe via email, please let me know how it's working or if it's not. Feel free to leave a comment, if only just to say hello. I'm still trying to make improvements. It just seems to be a slow process. Thanks again for taking the time to check out my blog. Cya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment