Google Search Results

Friday, November 05, 2010

Super Simple Salmon

Last night I put together the mixture for this morning's breakfast....baked oatmeal. I got up this morning anxious to pop it in the oven. It needed to bake for 45 minutes, which seemed like forever since I was pretty hungry already. I was really hoping I would like it. It smelled so good while it was baking. I added a tsp. of cinnamon, 2 tsp. of ground flax and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts to the mixture, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly.

After peeping in the oven window several times, my baked oatmeal was finally done. It looked a little dry, but as one of the reviewers had described it, it was like a big soft cookie. It was not as sweet as a cookie, which I was hoping it wouldn't be. I didn't want something terribly sweet. I would have liked to have had some vanilla yogurt to put on top as in the recipe, but I didn't. I sliced up half a gala apple to go with it and sprinkled it with cinnamon; adding some chopped apple to the oatmeal would have been nice. I also think that 4 servings is generous for this recipe. I was rather full after eating a fourth of it along with the half apple. I was very happy with this recipe and I will be using it again.





I have enjoyed this day, even though there wasn't anything exciting that happened. It just seemed like it was a very relaxing day for some reason. Probably because I was lazy and didn't do anything I really should have been doing. I worked in Rabbit's Garden some today. I decided to change the background. I also put up a poll on the right, after that I fixed some lunch. I had broccoli and pasta in a creamy pesto sauce with some salad mix and fresh broccoli. I used a garlic caesar dressing.



For dinner I fixed my Smokey Salmon patties, green beans and more salad with my Chipotle Mayo dressing. Below is the recipe for the salmon.


Just 5 ingredients....Simple

The salmon...

Cracker crumbs, parsley & Hickory Grill seasoning...

And the eggs...

All mixed up...

Patted out and thrown in the pan...

Browned and ready to eat....Simple

Smokey Salmon Patties

1 can of salmon
3/4 cup of cracker crumbs (I use wheat crackers)
1 1/2 tsp Cajin Injector Hickory Grill Quick Shake Seasoning
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
2 eggs


  1. Drain the salmon. 
  2. Break up the salmon with a fork until there are no large pieces.
  3. Add the cracker crumbs, Hickory Grill seasoning, and parsley.
  4. Stir those together.
  5. Add the eggs and stir until everything is moist.
  6. Put about 1 Tbsp of oil in a skillet. 
  7. Form salmon mixture into patties and fry in oil until firm and browned on both sides.

Makes approx. 6 patties

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment