Google Search Results

Monday, October 25, 2010

Chipotle Mayo Salad Dressing Recipe

It is pouring down rain this morning. We need the rain, but I wish it came at night. I need the sun. Even my puppies don't like the rain, except Pepper, he couldn't care less one way or the other. I always sleep later when it rains, but because I went to bed earlier, I woke up around the same time. My breakfast for today was a pumpkin waffle topped with fruit salad, yummo! The creamy fruit topping really brought out the cinnamony pumpkin flavor of the waffle.




Still raining off and on and it looks like it may be this way for several days. All I want to do on days like this is eat. For lunch I had leftover Southwestern salad. It wasn't looking too hot though. All the lettuce had wilted. It was basically just the corn, beans, cheese, etc. and dressing with some green in it here and there, so to dress it up a little and for the added nutritional value, I plopped it onto a bed of spinach leaves. I love raw spinach. It is so much more meaty than other lettuces.




A little while later, I decide I just had to have a piece of the apple cake. I had planned to have it as a snack with a fresh apple, but I was still too full from lunch to have the cake and the apple, so I just had the cake. I guess I thought the apple would make it healthier, lol. I'd like to lose about 10 lbs. but at this rate, it's not looking very promising.



I got a couple of my free samples in the mail. One was a post-it notes sample and the other was Jergens Ultra Healing and Overnight Repair lotions. There was also a $1 off coupon with the lotion. I love free samples, especially when they come with coupons. I will try to post the links for the ones I send for.


For dinner, I had a taco salad with homemade chipotle mayo dressing. I am posting the recipe for the dressing. The salad was spinach and butter lettuce, onion, tomato, mushroom, mexican rice, taco veggie crumbles, a sprinkle of cheese and tortilla chips. I like to mix up dressing for my salads instead of using the same store bought versions all the time. Here is the recipe for the dressing:


Chipotle Mayo Salad Dressing

Makes just a few servings more or less                                                                            
4 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
2 tsp white vinegar
2 Tbsp. Milk
½ tsp. dried cilantro
¼ tsp. each:
garlic powder
onion powder
paprika
tsp. chipotle powder
tsp. salt or to taste


I combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, and milk first, then add the dry ingredients with cilantro last, but I guess as long you mix it all together it will taste the same.

This dressing is spicy. If it is too spicy for you or you think it might be, you can either double the mayo, milk and vinegar or gradually add the chipotle powder to taste. You can also leave out the milk and vinegar to use as a sandwich spread.

Now for the taco salad pics.




Ok, that it for today. I'm going to check out some more samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment