Google Search Results

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Why I Blog

I felt the need to post something, anything, ultimately nothing. It has been one of those days. One that is uneventful.  There has been absolutely nothing going on here today. I just don't know what to do with days like this. I may as well have posted a picture of a clump of dirt. Yet here I sit, typing away, trying to come up with something interesting to say. Finally, I have something to say. I will tell you why I am blogging, why I keep coming back.

 I have mostly been surfing the internet, reading article after article about blogging. I did find one article that was interesting and different from the others. It is about how to make money blogging. Yes, I would like to make money doing this, but I know that I have a lot to learn and that it isn't going to happen overnight. For now this is something to do, something I like doing and I hope to keep doing and if I make money along the way, that will be a bonus. 

I have always enjoyed keeping a journal or diary. I haven't actually done that lately. I started this blog years ago, but I didn't stick with it. Years later, I attempted it again; again I didn't keep it up. I recently read my horoscope (No I don't live my life according to my horoscope.) and it said I should keep a journal. I thought, what the heck and decide to give the blog another try. This time I decide to make it public; a little added motivation. I have been keeping track of page views. It adds some excitement to it. It also challenges me to do better. I would love the idea that someone would actually be interested in what I have to say, not that anyone really is yet, but maybe eventually.  For now, I am just pleased that people are looking to see if they are interested. I hope that they will come back and see how I'm doing later or if I'm doing. 

I am researching other blogs as well. I love reading about things I am interested in, with bits of peoples lives thrown in. I like knowing how other people live, how they do what they do. It inspires me to do more. I want to be one of those people who inspires others. I want to give someone else the desire to inspire others. So for now, I will keep blogging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment