Google Search Results

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

My Birthday

My birthday. I never even thought about it until sometime this afternoon when someone mentioned it to me. This should tell you how I celebrate my birthday. Over the years I have learned to do without celebration. I don't have a lot of money to spend and I have learned to use what I have for what I need, not that I always spend wisely but parties aren't high on my list of priorities. I don't usually have cake unless someone makes it. Don't get me wrong, I can make cake and I like making cake and eating it, but in my house I usually wind up eating it all, so I don't make them often. For the past few years, I have been treating myself to ice cream on my birthday but this year, I forgot. I usually buy the birthday cake flavor of Deluxe brand ice cream. It is very good and I don't feel the need to eat it all at once, because it keeps well in the freezer. Maybe I will get some this weekend. Thanks to my Aunt, I did get a pumpkin faced donut from Krispy Kreme and a Caesar salad from Christo's. I do love a good Caesar salad. Here is a link to a recipe for a Caesar salad that I like to make myself.

I would like to get into the habit of taking more pictures. I really am terrible about capturing the moment. Some people are forever taking photos but it never crosses my mind until it's too late. It was a miracle I managed to get pictures of my grand daughter, Lexi's birthday party. I usually rely on friends and relatives for pictures. Until recently, I avoided cameras and I feel strange taking pictures of others because I always hated it. Finally, I figured people will take your picture willing or not and the pictures usually look a lot worse, than if you just smile and let them snap away. I have also learned to pay special attention to my appearance, if I know there may be a camera lurking about. Can I just say, that I don't think taking photos of people while they are eating or talking is a very good idea unless you are trying to capture people making strange faces. I didn't have a very exciting day, but it wasn't a bad day at all. The sun was shining, it wasn't too hot or too cold. I did the things I normally do, without any problems. I wasn't sad or upset or lonely, so although it wasn't one to rave about it was alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment