Google Search Results

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Gets a Nose Job



It is a feel good kinda day, surprising, since I stayed up half the night trying to figure out what to do about my photos. Well, for now I have a fix. Hopefully it will be a permanent one. Keep your figures crossed. I still didn't sleep too well or too long, but I have felt pretty good all day. Ahhh, the sun, it's been shining today; that helps. I already knew when I woke up, what I was having for breakfast. I bought some peach yogurt last night and a couple of fuji apples. I put some of the yogurt in a bowl, I sprinkled a little ground flax on top, then I cut me up half of one of the apples, I put the apple and one of my oatmeal muffins crumbled on top of the yogurt. It was a yummy, filling breakfast that lasted a good part of the day.



After breakfast I took the puppies out and came in to do some cleaning and laundry. Since I am feeling so well, I made today laundry day. I really don't enjoy it, but I like having clean clothes, lol. DS and I also took apart our old broken treadmill, that I have been meaning to get rid of and hauled it out of here. Yay, floor space, for the puppies that is. Pepper was not happy about it though. He is the only dog I have ever seen that is afraid of tools. I use to think it was just power tools and the hammer because they make noise, but apparently it's all tools, because he didn't care for the screwdrivers, adjustable wrench or the pliers either.

Here is my little tool - phobic chicken dog Pepper



 Well, after all that work taking the treadmill apart, I was really getting hungry. DS and I had made some corn and potato chowder. I love soup. I wish I'd had some crusty bread to eat with it, but I settled for a few vegetable crackers. I loaded my soup up with some Texas Pete. I could drink that stuff. It would have been even better if it had been cold outside. It was very filling as well, in fact, I think I ate too much, but it was so good.




It has been a lovely day. I have accomplish a lot. After my chowder had time to digest a little, my sweet tooth kicked in, so I got myself a little sweet snack. I had one Little Debbie pumpkin cake left. They taste so good and look so sweet. I had a little fun with it first.

Say hello to my little friend...but wait, something is not quite right....


Ahh, my little friend needs a nose job...Now that's better. He even looks happier, right?



Well, since I had a late lunch and a snack, it is only natural that I have a late dinner. I nearly forgot to walk the dogs, so after I took them out I came back in and started trying to figure out what I was going to have for dinner.... and the winner is.....an Asian theme dinner. I not only had a late dinner, but it was a great dinner. 
I had decide to have a veggie eggroll, an Asian veggie burger, and a salad. In order to complete the theme, I had to come up with an Asian salad dressing, because I didn't have any. 

I ran to the computer, while my eggroll was baking and did a search on, you know, Food.com. I didn't have any soy sauce, so I used the recipe sifter tool that they have, to put in what I did have. I had rice vinegar and sesame oil, so I put that in. It came up with bunches of recipes, so I narrowed even further by excluding soy sauce, which brought up 31 recipes, a reasonable amount to look through in a short amount of time. The one I chose was Oriental Noodle and Crab Salad, which had a salad dressing recipe included. It tastes sort of like my Hot Kimchee Pickle (not actually mine, but one I use) recipe.  

Oriental Salad Dressing

2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
1 teaspoon minced ginger (I didn't have the fresh ginger either, but subbed a little ground ginger)
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

My salad had mixed baby greens, carrot, broccoli, red onion, and cucumber. I really enjoyed my dinner. I also included a little Hoisin sauce for my eggroll. It's my new discovery and I like it as much as the duck sauce we get when eating out.




Even though I did get a head start on my post, I am rather late getting it posted so, I am off to get ready for bed. Thanks for stopping by. Please do come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment