Google Search Results

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Anti Weight Loss Dinner

Updated 01/16/2011
I added a recipe for the Coffee Brown Trifle.

Well, it's Sunday and it's Halloween. Happy Sunday and Happy Halloween! I was up early and it was time to eat. It looked like I'd be having yogart topped with some corn flakes for a little crunch, a bagel with PB, ground flax, and dried cranberries, and half an apple. I can't wait to get me some more everything bagels. I need a little something not sweet.



It seems like I am eating more lately and my weight just seems to jump up and down. I need it to go down before I have to start buying more clothes, which I can't afford at the moment. It will be a hard thing to do with Sunday dinners and all the leftovers we've been having, not to mention the desserts.
We got ready to go to Mom's to help with the cooking. I had to walk the dogs, grab a quick shower and throw in a load of clothes, since I didn't get them all done yesterday, and then we were off.

Mom had most of the stuff done. We just had to cook some of the meat and a few other things. As usually, we weren't having diet food. So I warn you, the food you are about to see, may cause weight gain, by simply viewing.


Here we have BBQ ribs,....

breaded chicken fillets....



and cubed steaks.


We also had green beans...


meatless cabbage rolls, which were very good,.....


the pasta salad, which I haven't tried yet, but I brought a little home....


mashed potatoes.....


seven layer salad....


Coffee Brownie Trifle, which was delicious, despite the topping sticking to the lid.....


Coffee Brownie Trifle aka Da Bomb



Ingredients

1 batch BAKER'S ONE BOWL Brownies, cooled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 cup brewed strong MAXWELL HOUSE Coffee (any variety), cooled, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.)PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg. (3.9 oz.)JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
1 cup fresh raspberries (We didn't use the rasberries)

Directions

Toss brownie cubes with 1/4 cup coffee.
Beat cream cheese and remaining coffee in large bowl with whisk until well blended. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mix; beat 2 min. Stir in COOL WHIP.
Place half the brownies in 3-qt. serving bowl; top with half the pudding mixture. Cover with layers of berries, remaining brownies and remaining pudding mixture. Refrigerate 1 hour.


And in the spirit of Halloween, there were cupcakes, which escaped the camera and mummy dogs.


Here is what I had....my camera somehow missed the cresent rolls as well, except for the one on my plate.



We also had our own trick or treaters, my two favorite girls, my grand babies. Here is Lexi in here Southern Belle/ Little Bo Peep costume...


And Mary didn't have a little lamb, she was one...and wasn't she a cute one?


So this was my Sunday. I was so tired today and when I got home I need some energy, so I had a little oatmeal muffin with some peanut butter and that did the trick. I feel so much better. I guess oatmeal and peanut butter really are energy foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment