Google Search Results

Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Hummus Recipe

Yesterday's page views rocked, but today's were disappointing to say the least. I've really had the most views of my Fresh Market goodies. Hopefully I will be able to post some more things like that. For now I will keep you up to date on what I have. 


For breakfast I had another piece of the Fresh Market Caramel Apple Nut Loaf with peanut butter, dried cranberries and some apple with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled over it. I don't think I will be having coffee until I can get some decaf. The caffeine has really been interfering with my sleep no matter when I drink it. 

 For lunch today, I made some hummus. I've been wanting it for a while, but couldn't get into the mood to make it, although it's really not hard. All you need is a hand blender or food processor. This is my hand blender, which I love and use for lots different things. Mine has a chopping attachment (on the left), a blending attachment (on the right) and also a whisk. I used the blending attachment to blend the tahini which separates from the oil. I used the chopping attachment to chop and blend everything together.  




These are the ingredients - tahini, chili powder, cumin, lemon juice and cilantro, (also garlic, which I forgot a photo).



And of course the garbanzo beans and liquid from the beans.


 Then Voila! You have Hummus. (recipe below)

  1. Drain beans and reserve the liquid when you do so.
  2. Blend beans and 1/8 cup of the liquid., along with the other ingredients, except cilantro.
  3. Process until the mixture is smooth.
  4. Add liquid until the desired consistency is reached.
Note: 1 teaspoon of Cajin Injector Hickory Grill Seasoning maybe used instead of the cumin and chili powder or sun dried tomatoes and basil leaving out the cilantro as well. I also don't think the salt is needed when using the Hickory Grill Seasoning. 

Here we have my lunch/snack. I had a very productive day cleaning, so lunch was late and almost dinner.


Not being too hungry when dinner came, I just had a veggie egg roll with Hoisin sauce and a plain old veggie burger. I didn't bother taking a shot of the veggie burger. 



Now I will call it a night. I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment