Google Search Results

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Waffles

I was awake this morning a little earlier than I have been lately. I slept better, but not good. I really wish I would get back to doing yoga. I think I need some sort of exercise to make me sleep good. I enjoyed yoga. I also enjoyed the 5 mile walks we use to take daily, but we haven't gotten back to that yet. My DS was walking with me and once it got really hot over the summer we just stopped. I was hoping to get a treadmill to make up for hot days or wet weather, but haven't been able to so far. Now that DS is going to college, there hasn't been enough time or we have different free times, so right now I am just trying to get back on track with getting up earlier. 

 For breakfast this morning, I fixed the Pumpkin Spice pancake/waffle mix courtesy of Aldi. I made waffles. I like both, but I am more of a waffle person. I don't eat my waffles or pancakes with syrup very often; I didn't this morning either. I just sprinkled them with a little powdered sugar and some extra cinnamon. I had cinnamon applesauce with them. The waffles were pretty good, but not quite as spicy as I had hoped. I will add some cinnamon next time or some pumpkin pie spice. 



These were my DS, Lucas'


I ate the duds, the last two made. They were smaller.




 For lunch I had a vegetable eggroll, green beans with mushrooms, onion and garlic and raw baby carrots. I had Hoisin sauce to dip my eggroll and carrots in. It was very good. I was afraid the one eggrolls might not be enough but I was very full afterwards. I tend to fix too much thinking it won't be enough. Lately I have been fixing what I think will be too little and it has been just right. I have been eating on smaller plates which helps. It has been very nice eating and not being miserable afterwards. I still do that sometimes, but I am a lot better about not doing it. 





Dinner was just a repeat of last night. It was still good, but I didn't bother to bore you with another picture of it. I did make a small batch of apple crisp, two servings. I just winged it instead of going by a recipe. I just used the basics; raw sugar, cinnamon, oats, flour, butter and a big fuji apple. It was perfect. I'm having the rest for breakfast in the morning.




No excitement, but it was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment