Google Search Results

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

An Awesome Day


The day started off with my not too healthy breakfast, which consisted of a half an everything bagel with cream cheese, a piece of my caramel apple nut loaf and a LARGE cup of coffee. The nut loaf was delicious. I normally have half an everything bagel and cream cheese, an apple and lately water instead of coffee. I wanted the nut loaf with coffee this morning but couldn't do without my half bagel. I crave those things in my sleep, lol. I maybe having the it again in the morning but with an apple, if I can talk myself out of the bagel.

It was an awesome day. The sun was out and it wasn't blazing. It was one of those days when I get a burst of energy and I want to do everything; of course I didn't get it all done, but I felt like I accomplished quite a bit. I also got a new project, that I will hopefully be able to start on soon. I've got an old drop leaf table that needs some TLC. I am not sure if it can be refinished or if it will require a coat of paint. I will try to post some before and after shots once I have it done. I love projects. I am going to try and keep some projects going; trash to treasure type stuff.

This afternoon I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I was disappointed that several of the things I normally get, they were either out of or no longer have. This seems to happen a lot lately. I have noticed that they don't carry as large a selection of things as they use to and it also seems like every time I find a product, that I can afford and that I like, they stop carrying it. I bet I have switched laundry detergent for this reason at least 3 times in the last year. I sure wish there were more than one store with low prices, so that I could have a choice. I am considering paying a little more just to be able to get what I want.

I did get some lovely fruit. I got apples, which I love and I also got a mango and some nectarines. My new favorite kind of apple is the pink lady apples, but they were out of those. I got a couple of honeycrisp apples, which I've never tried and a couple of galas. I like an apple that is slightly sweet and crisp but not as sweet as a red delicious, which describes the pink ladies, the fuji and the rome apples, the galas are slightly softer. Fuji and rome are great for cobbler, apple crisp and pies. They are firm and don't turn to mush when baked. I like the granny smiths for muffins and cakes, but I'm not especially fond of eating them fresh. It's one I have to be in the mood for. The gala and the golden delicious are softer and are probably best for applesauce or apple butter.

I wasn't really hungry while we were at the grocery but for some reason I wanted to buy everything. It's funny how a few things turned into almost $60. By the time I got home I was ready to eat. I had planned to fix me some broccoli slaw with Asian Sesame dressing but since they didn't have the dressing and I forgot to stop somewhere else on the way home I will be having it another day. I decide to settle for a Boca burger since DH and DS were having burgers. I had mine with spinach, cheese, onions, pickles and Mesquite BBQ sauce. I like the vegan Boca better. Yes MSF burgers are good but they are more expensive, have more fat and calories, so I opt for the Boca. I hooked on them at the Red Robin, which is another place I like to eat. You should try the Burnin' Love burger. Yummo!

Here's a picture of my burger.

Well that is my day or at least most of it. The rest will be spent on the computer, listening to tv ( I don't actually watch it) or listening to music. Which reminds me, I'm going to get the new Michael Buble song, Hollywood. I loved the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment