Google Search Results

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Great Escape

Are you ready for this? I didn't stay home today. I broke out, escaped, made a get away.... I went on an adventure. I jumped up excited, ready to get the heck out of dodge. I got me a bite to eat and got ready to go. I popped my leftover 3 minute carrot cake oatmeal cookie in the microwave, nuked that baby for 30 seconds and breakfast was served. I just love these things. I am all about quick and easy, not to mention healthy and delicious.


I had plans to go with my aunt today. I think we were both ready for a day out, I know I was. It was pretty cold today, but the sun was shining and it was a good day to be out. As soon as Lynda got here, I was out the door. The first thing we did was head to La Patisserie to check out all the goodies and grab a cup of coffee. We also got a coffee flavored muffin and a variety of 6 other flavored muffins to go. The coffee and the muffin both were very good; nothing like a hot cup of coffee and a delicious muffin.








After that we took care of a little personal business and then we were ready for lunch. We decided to go for Mexican at Monterrey's. I was able to get some fish, which I had been craving for a while. I got some yummy fish tacos; another thing I've always wanted to try. I was not disappointed. The tacos were soft tacos, which I prefer, and were very good, they came with rice that I enjoyed and Lynda shared her beans with me and the beans were good also.




The only thing, I didn't like was the "sauce" that came with the tacos. It was more like Miracle Whip, a sweet sort of mayo, yuck! No problem though, I just used a little of the salsa that came with our chips and I enjoyed every bite. I got a Sprite to drink with my lunch, they didn't have bottled water. They really need to get with the program in that department. I really wish more restaurants offered bottled water.

I don't remember what Lynda ordered, I think it was something with chicken, but it smelled very good and  looked pretty good too. I'm sorry, but the picture I got was as bad as my memory.


When we left Monterrey's we went to Bloom's (A ritzy version of Food Lion). I mostly just looked around while Lynda got a few things, then were off to Michael's and on to Target. I also didn't get anything from Michael's but we did get some Greek yogurt at Target and a few other things. We went to Starbucks in Target before leaving and I got a Peppermint Mocha (warm chocolaty-minty goodness in a cup). I did remember to get decaf at Starbucks. I forgot and got regular at La Patisserie and I was still wound tight from that. I bet Lynda's ears were far more tired than the rest of her, by the time we were done. I will be talking in my sleep, lol.  I am mysteriously missing some pictures, that I know I took. I know I took some at Starbucks, but I can't seem to find them anywhere, but at least I didn't lose them all.

I still got my shot of Bloom's

My tacos were so good, I had the leftovers when I got home. I am also missing the shots I got before I ate my leftovers, but since I had it for lunch, you know what it looks like, lol.

I am home now, with my feet toasty warm in the cutest little crocheted slippers that Lynda gave me which she made, She also sent a few things for Lexi. I will post pictures of those later, since I want them to be a surprise for her next visit, but here's a shot of my slippers.

 Cute, huh?

I'm taking another picture tomorrow. I couldn't get the colors right in either of these.

I had a great day today. I hope Lynda enjoyed it as much as I did and I hope everyone enjoys today's post. Have you been on an adventure lately? Where did you go?

4 comments:

  1. I am soooo jealous. Those are my two favorite places to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, goodie, goodie, you should have run away with us, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those slippers are too cute. Ah! Peppermint coffee... I love that! Sounds like a really good day. I'll see you Saturday for Lexi's play date. (That's what she calls it.) Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, I'm looking forward to it too. I hope I can remember to get pictures. Love you!

    ReplyDelete