Google Search Results

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

 The day came early, too early. I didn't sleep well, even with the melatonin. We had to be up early because we were going to watch the grand babies open their presents. We had to be quick to be there before they got up. I got ready, grabbed the most unhealthy thing I could find, a snickerdoodle cookie, a magic bar and a couple of ibuprofens and we were out the door.....so quickly.... I forgot... my..... Stinking Camera!

The breakfast of champions... not


When I finally realized it, it was too late. I was soooo mad. I couldn't believe I had completely forgotten it. I had it in my hand just before going out the door. I must have laid it down for some reason. We took some pics with the cameras on our cell phones, but I won't be that weak minded again. They were the worst pictures and they took forever to transfer.

It was nice to see the kids opening and playing with their gifts first thing Christmas morning, but it was very disappointing that we did not get a single picture. I certainly hope that by next year, I am better about getting pictures. Maybe if I can get my sleeping problems straightened out, I can get a few brain cells working.

After the kids opened there gifts, they had to get ready to go to a Christmas brunch they'd been invited to, so we  headed home. Dale had mentioned going somewhere to get something to eat, but I decided I would rather try and get rid of some of the food we'd accumulated the past few days. I even thought about taking a nap, but I didn't.

I had leftover vegetable lasagna from yesterday, a few shrimp and a couple of hushpuppies leftover from Captain D's. It wasn't exactly what I would have liked to have had, but I didn't want them to go to waste. Today wasn't going to be a healthy food day, it would be a getting rid of food day and since it was Christmas, I also had a few peanut butter coated and filled pretzels for World market.




I spent a good part of the day trying to get caught up on housework. I will need a couple more days I think. I also need a couple of days to get over this cold or whatever. I'm mainly just achey and have a itchy scratchy throat, but I still feel like icky pooh.

Today was a good day to get rid of excess food. All I wanted to do all day was eat. I had half an apple and another magic bar for a snack before dinner. I didn't eat the snickerdoodle this morning. It tasted more like a coconut cookie. I just wasn't in the mood for a coconut cookie, although there was coconut in the magic bars. I can't explain it, I just didn't like it.


Dinner was better. I had the other half of my tomato and cheese California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizza. I only cooked it for about 12 minutes instead of the 14-17 called for on the package. The first half I cooked according to the package direction and the crust was like a cracker. In 12 minutes it was hot and bubbly; the cheese just wasn't browned the way I like it, but I was willing to do without the browned cheese to have a soft chewy crust that was lightly crisp on the outside. I also had a little salad mix and fresh spinach, with Italian dressing.



I also had a fruit punch powerade....not my favorite....tastes like Hawaiian Punch

Now for a few pics of my gifts and pics from last night's get together. 
The Whitman's candy is sort of a tradition, every year Grannie would get us a box of Whitman's. That was back when Whitman's was good. They've changed and it's just not the same anymore. I don't really need the candy anyway.

Here I am with my scarf, Lindsay made me. She knows I love red. 

I also got a purse....

and some exercise dvd's. I also got a few other things which I haven't taken a picture of yet.

Here are some pictures of the get together.





We were all very blessed this year, even though times are hard. 
Now I am going to call it a night and pray for a good night's sleep. Cya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment