Google Search Results

Friday, December 10, 2010

Yummy, Fingerling Potatoes

Today I got up earlier than normal; no particular reason, I just happened to wake up early.  I still managed to fool around and have a late breakfast. I did have something different for breakfast/ lunch . I used some thick slices of French bread to make French toast. I blended up some eggs, a dab of milk, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. I splurged with butter and lite syrup. I don't normally eat syrup on pancakes or waffles, but French toast deserves a little something. I'd have skipped the syrup for fruit and yogurt. 



I was so tired today; my energy was zapped. I could really have used a multi vitamin or something. We went to Mom's today and I picked up a Sour Melon Powerade, my favorite flavor. It made me feel better so, maybe I was a little dehydrated. I actually had to go to 2 different stores for this. It was either this or a lifewater and Powerade is a little cheaper and it's really what I was in the mood for. I saved half for tomorrow. 


Since breakfast was late. I snacked on popcorn  to tide me over until dinner. Mom bought a Christmas tin full of popcorn and she left it up to DS, DH, and I to empty it for her. Dale took care of half the job in one sitting. I finally had to take it away from him, lol. The white cheddar was the best. 


I think Mom will be gettin' her tin back pretty soon.

Butter Flavor

Caramel Flavor

And of course, the white cheddar, yummo!

For dinner, I had fingerling potatoes from Fresh Market that I need to fix. I decided to do the smashed potatoes. I cut the larger ones in half and boiled them for 12 minutes. I drained them, flattened them by gently mashing with the back of my tongs and then put them in a skillet with some margarine, olive oil, minced garlic, parsley, chives and sea salt. I browned them a little on both sides and had a salad of butter lettuce, broccoli, carrots, radishes and ranch dressing to go with them. It was yummy. 


Sort of like tiny baked potatoes, only better, way better.

Then there were the last minute additions of chopped walnuts and ground flax.

Now I am going to bed and I plan to wake up refreshed, energize, and ready to get some things done with no back pain. How is that for positive thinking, which btw is very hard? What is your positive thought for your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment