Google Search Results

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Blue Christmas

Getting started is such a pain. I have trouble getting started at whatever I do it seems, trouble starting the day, trouble getting my Christmas tree up and trouble figuring out the first thing to say when I start this blog everyday. I don't want to say the same thing everyday, I don't want to sound like a broken record and I certainly don't want to you to feel the need to skip the first part or just skip the whole thing entirely.

I want each day to be a fresh start, a new beginning, an unexpected gift from me to you. How do I do it, that is the question? Well, I guess by talking about something other than the beginning of my day, because lately everyday is like a do over. I've tried to change it up a little by eating different things, but I'm not sure that's enough.

Well, breakfast this morning wasn't that different. I didn't have another omelet, but I did have a bagel. It was a cranberry bagel, from Panera. I toasted it, almost over toasted it, and spread the last of the peanut butter on it. I also had an apple. I can't help it, I love apples. They are my favorite type of fruit and they go so well with breakfast.


I did get most of my tree decorating done. I am not entirely finished or at least I don't think I am. I'm just not completely satisfied with the job, although it does look a lot better than it did to begin with, to me anyway.

Last year we had a red and green theme. This year we are  having a Blue Christmas.



The video just seemed appropriate.

I started working on the tree today. I didn't have what I wanted to decorate it, so I got Lucas to take me to get some new decorations. I had a few things, but nothing in the colors I wanted. I had silver and I had white, but I needed color, just a little. I needed a little blue, which I didn't have.

So here is my tree. It seems like it still needs something, but I'm not sure what, other than a skirt for the bottom. I'll post more pics, if I do anything else to it.




After all that hard work getting the tree decorated, I wiped the sweat from my brow and went to the kitchen to fix myself some lunch. I'd really worked up an appetite, lol. I had one bowl of the minestrone left. I decide to stretch it. I added a half can of diced tomatoes, a little extra water and reseasoned it with a pinch of sea salt, garlic, oregano and basil. I then had enough for today and another bowl for later.

I had an onion roll with my soup. They smell so yummy.



Dinner wasn't great, but it was good and it was kinda sorta what I wanted. I kinda wanted pizza, but I sorta really wanted fish. Since I didn't have fish and I did have a cheap frozen pizza, which is good, but not really like real pizza, that was what I had. I topped it with a little parmesan, some extra seasoning, added a side salad and some ranch and I had dinner.



I am sooo ready for bed tonight. Positive thinking tonight - I am going to sleep well. It is one of the coldest nights we've had and my heat keeps going off. Positive thinking - My heat will start working soon. I will be warm and cozy all night and so will my puppies.

2 Questions
How cold is it where you are and do you have your tree decorated? 
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment