Google Search Results

Friday, December 31, 2010

Another Way To Eat A Boca Burger

Looks like another late blog, I did some of it last night, but trying to stick to my earlier bed time prevented posting. 

This day was like most of the others, I guess, not too memorable. Breakfast was pretty good, half a fuji and half a gingerbread bagel with warm peanut butter with a little ground flax thrown in and dried cranberries. Food is the highlight of my day, most days. I realize how pathetic that sounds, lol. It's one reason why I like to do this. It adds something to my day. I am hoping that there will be more to it eventually, but right now things are tight and lack of money doesn't allow much excitement. 



My pictures may not be the greatest, but I like looking at most of them. I would like to take better pictures in the future, but until then, what you see is what you get, lol.

This is my lunch. It wasn't extravagant, but it was good, a repeat of yesterday's dinner, homemade succotash and cornbread. I do have to say, I like all bread better fresh baked, but I guess most people do. I have two versions of cornbread. One is just plain ordinary cornbread and the other is what we call, "soft cornbread". This was the plain, but I came up with the soft version for Lucas. He likes a less grainy cornbread. It is made with a little corn muffin mix, corn bread mix and flour. It's not sweet like muffins, but a little sweeter than plain cornbread. I didn't have any muffin mix this time, but next time, I'll be better prepared and I'll post the two recipes so that you can see the difference.



Dinner was late because we went with Lucas to our friends house, so that he could fix their computer. We sat around talking about our dogs mostly, but Kris showed me her latest project, her kitchen she had remodeled (I'm so jealous). I wish I would have gotten pictures, but I still feel strange whipping out my camera and taking pictures of everything. I hope to overcome that one day. I use to feel odd taking pictures of my food all the time, but it is becoming sort of normal, to me anyway. I still get strange looks sometimes.

This is another way to eat a Boca. This was really good. I took some sliced bell pepper and onion and fried it with salt, pepper, and garlic until it was tender and then added 2 Boca burgers, I had thawed and cut into strips. I let the burgers brown a little and re-seasoned everything. I fixed some instant rice, since dinner was late and I was starving, no time for the good stuff. I topped the rice with my Boca mixture and dinner was served. I enjoyed every bite, but I wish I would have used more onion and bell pepper. They always look like a lot until they're cooked. I also wish I had a colored plate to put it on. It would have made for a much better photo.




Well since this is New Years Eve morning. I will go ahead and wish you all a Happy New Years. I don't have any big plans this year. What will you be doing on New Years Eve? Send me some excitement or let me know I'm not the only one without plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment