Google Search Results

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Best Breakfast

It's a new day, but I was late figuring that out. It seems my energy from yesterday got zapped. I felt pretty good today, but I just didn't feel too energetic. I was planning something different for breakfast this morning. I had my eye on an everything roll that Lucas picked out at the Walmart deli.

I decided to fix myself an omelet to go with it. I had some fresh spinach that I wanted to use and so I took a handful of the spinach, cut it into shreds and diced up a little red bell pepper, then I took a couple of eggs, a little milk, some ground pepper and a few pinches of sea salt, put them in a bowl, beat them a little and poured them in an iron skillet. I sprinkled the spinach and peppers over the eggs and cooked everything until it was done.




The omelet was yummy, but missing a little something. I sprinkled it with a little parmesan and voila, the perfect spinach omelet. The roll was delicious too, crispy on the outside (I put it in the toaster over for a few) and soft and warm on the inside. I also had the rest of my Powerade (Sour Melon).

This picture makes me want another one.

Sandy, peeping at my Powerade....

Today turned out to be a movie watching day. I have a movie that I've been meaning to watch, but haven't gotten around to watching until today. It's as Lucas describes it, "a chick flick", so I had to wait until nobody was watching tv and I wasn't busy doing something else. It was now or never. The movie was "It's Complicated", Meryl Streep, Steve Martin, Alec Baldwin. I thought it was pretty good and it was definitely complicated, but fairly funny.

Lunch was a repeat of yesterday's dinner. My Morning Star Farms chik patty hoagie was so good, I decided to have another one today. Bun+MSF chik patty+butter lettuce+red bell pepper+cranberry chutney+mayo+ S&P. Yummo!




Well, the day has passed and my Christmas tree is still bare. Somehow I never got around to decorating it. I will have to try and work on it in the morning, but if you've been here before, you know how Sundays go.

There wasn't much going on with dinner.  I decided to just have a bowl of cereal. I was actually craving a bowl. I had a mixture of cornflakes, cheerios, sliced banana, and slivered almonds sprinkled with a teaspoon of raw sugar and a slosh of 2%.




Dale is snoring in the recliner. I should go to sleep myself and try to rid myself of a stiff neck, I've had all evening.

What is the best breakfast you've ever had?

No comments:

Post a Comment