Google Search Results

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Craving Carbs

Today will seem boring after yesterday. It's cold and dreary, with a dusting of snow/whatever on the ground. Yesterday was nice, today I have a caffeine hangover; it's how you feel the day after you've had caffeine you're not use to, stayed up way too late as a result and then get up as early as you normally do. My alarm (the noise that wakes me) this morning was the telephone, my DD, Lindsay, who I love, but who also has a telephone addiction and calls me frequently, which is good. I managed to find the phone and answer it. I could have ignored it and kept sleeping, but I had things to do anyway and I'm always afraid it might be important.

 I have several breakfast options, but today was one of those days when I really could use a maid and a cook and since I don't have either, I went with something quick and simple. I had half an everything bagel from Target with cream cheese and the other half of my fuji apple from day before yesterday. The bagel was good, but not the best. After eating Panera bagels, it really isn't the same eating prepackaged bagels from the grocery store.



I am so sleepy today. My get up and go, got up and went yesterday and didn't come back. I can't really blame it. Today is when I could use the caffeine. I've also been craving peppermint mochas all day, lol, so I had a couple of peppermint kisses; next best thing. I will have to work on getting in the bed earlier this evening. Tomorrow is suppose to be a mostly sunny day. I love sunny and the temperatures have come up some which is also a plus.


Lunch today was penne pasta with portabella mushrooms, spinach, red bell pepper and Parmesan cheese with an everything roll, warm and crusty from the oven; nothing beats warm bread. It is looking like a carb-elicious day. I tend to eat more carbs when I've had less sleep. I also think I get cold when I am tired.



Dinner was also carb loaded. I had breaded buffalo shrimp. I love spicy food. I also had waffle fries and peas. I did have some green on my plate. I think every plate ought to have a little green of some sort.




 I had another little bite of chocolate this evening. My favorite chocolate is the Lindt Dark Chili Chocolate bar, dark chocolate infused with spicy red chili. I could easily eat the whole bar, but I limit myself to just one square, sometimes 2.


What is your favorite chocolate? Do you like milk chocolate, dark chocolate, chili, orange, mint? Cya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment