Google Search Results

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Good Bye Magic Bars

I felt so good this morning. I slept really well. It was so nice to be able to sleep, I almost hated to get up. It was looking like a good day too, nice and sunny outside, energizing. I'd laid a gingerbread bagel out of the freezer. I toasted it and spread on some honey nut cream cheese. I also had half a fuji apple sliced. We got a bag of them from Save A Lot Food Store. They are good, but not as pretty on the outside.



Today is laundry day. I needed to get a couple of loads done and everyday is mop day when you have men and mud, luckily the sun is working with me. I'm getting started putting away Christmas decorations. I usually leave the tree up until after New Years. I liked my tree this year so, I kind of hate to take it down, but it's going. I wish the holidays were as peaceful as the  week after Christmas. I do miss the extra page views I was getting during Christmas. I even manage to get more comments. Thanks, by the way.

For lunch today, I had another Amy's frozen dinner, the enchilada verde. I know, it's not much to look at, but it tastes good and if it's gotta be frozen, it oughta be Amy's.




I also ate the last magic bar. Good bye magic bar. I love you, but I hope I never see you again.

One last look, lol.

I am afraid to get on my scales. I haven't weighed in since before Christmas. I was already teetering on the edge of my weight limit, that being the most, I want to weigh or can afford to weigh. I can't afford new clothes and I already have a couple of things that no longer fit and I tend to be leaning more toward wearing my stretchier things as it is and we all know that is a major no-no. The bad thing is that all I want to do lately is eat and I have no support system, also stress is not a good diet buddy. Stress is the one who offers you a big slice of chocolate cake with ice cream, cheesecake and magic bars. Stress also spoon feeds them to you, lol.

Ok, lets see what stress is serving for dinner this evening, lol. Well, it looks like we're having a nice big cake....... of cornbread, lol. I also fixed a pot of succotash to go with it, not the canned stuff either. I may have to eat it for a couple of days, but it's so much better than the stuff you get in a can and with my appetite lately that shouldn't be a problem. The succotash took a little longer than my cornbread, so I had a small piece with a little butter, to tide me over.




The cornbread was delicious, crispy on the outside and soft cornbread-y goodness on the inside. My secret weapon for great cornbread is my iron skillet. It is designated cornbread only and those using it for any other purpose will be hung by the neck in a tree until dead, just ask my family, lol.

The best nonstick pan I ever owned.




Well, that's another day down and not many left in the year. If you decorated, have you taken down any decorations yet? What about the tree? 

No comments:

Post a Comment